Home

Top Five Rookies for NBA 2K13: #1 Anthony Davis - New Orleans

This is a discussion on Top Five Rookies for NBA 2K13: #1 Anthony Davis - New Orleans within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Top Five Rookies for NBA 2K13: #1 Anthony Davis - New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco11
LOL, how is it that "Coach Cal" cheats if it is Camby accepting money/jewelry and D. Rose who , retrospect to the NCAA clearing him, couldn't pass his SAT's?!? I know "stuff" happens at any major college football/basketball program, but to pin it all on one man is a bit near sighted if you ask me...
This. I'm biased as a UK fan but I felt this way when he was at UMASS and Memphis as well. Who wouldn't want Rose or Camby? Coach K, who had a player in Magette take money (funny how the NCAA has not vacated Duke's 37 wins from that season), has had stuff happen as well, Calhoun, etc.

Stuff happens, Cal was cleared by the NCAA in both examples. The NCAA and Cal hate each other...so for them to clear him shows he was innocent in both cases.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
Ya got this wrong.... Thomas Robinson will not only be the most effective rookie on 2k, he will also be the rookie of the year. The second most effective rookie will be Brandon Beal and the 3rd Austin Rivers. Davis wont be much more than a shot blocker and rebounder
You do know basketball is a little more than just PPG average? I think Bill Russell dominated and was never known for his scoring but for his Defense and Rebounds. Anyone coming in the lane will learn to "Bow to the Brow!"
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Jon1323's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Deane
Will his wingspan have any affect in 2k13?
I hope so cause thats what sets him apart. There's a lot of 6'10 guys but few if any with the wing span and ability to cover as much area as he can. Playing with him in 2k12 with a created draft class he's not as effective so hopefully they take his wingspan into account.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Can't wait to use him in 2k13, he's been a stud in his limited time for Team USA. I'll have to learn how to effectively use alley oops tho, usually never run them or attempt them with the Hornets. It'll be interesting to see how he is in this game in face up not post situations, as if they are decent for a PF/C then i'll be able to use him well as i'm not the greatest in the post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
Ya got this wrong.... Thomas Robinson will not only be the most effective rookie on 2k, he will also be the rookie of the year. The second most effective rookie will be Brandon Beal and the 3rd Austin Rivers. Davis wont be much more than a shot blocker and rebounder
1st of all, Thomas is an undersized PF with a very limited offensive game. He has no post game and is a mediocre shooter. I don't think he will be the most effective rookie, much less the rookie of the year.

2nd- If you are going to come here saying everybody is wrong and giving lessons, at least try to name the player properly , because there is no BRANDON Beal..

3rd - Rivers has a lot of work to do before he can be an effective player in the NBA, hornets are going to try to convert him to a PG, which he is not. So he will struggle at the beginning of his career like he did in summer league. He has literally 0 chance at being rookie of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9
worst case is camby best case, if he truly kept some of the guard skills, is a KG lite type of player
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #23
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
everytime i see that eyebrow i want to punch him in the face. I agree with the idea of him being another Camby. He won't even be a huge offensive threat. He'll make his career blocking shots. He won't be a star but he'll be a solid player for a lot of years. Thats my opinion at least.
Maybe im a bit biast that im a UK fan but I think he'll be a great offensive threat.Maybe not his rookie year but give him about three or four years and i think he could be an All Star.His mid range shot is very good for a big and he has the stroke of a guard prob because he was 3 years ago.Add that to his ability to finish at the rim that will make him deadly in the pick and roll/pop game.He also has good foot work and a nice hook shot on the low block.Add that with his ball handling skills at that size and his defense ,which is obviously his greatest asset,he should be more then a just a solid player.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
Rookie

J.R.'s Arena

OVR: 4

Anyone who underestimates Austin Rivers, Just wait 2-3 years. Anthony Davis is easily Top 3 rookie btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »