Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Impressions (WNB)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Impressions (WNB) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Impressions (WNB)

WNB has posted their Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 hands-on impressions, based off of preview code.

Quote:
This leads me onto a potential key element in PES 2013, and perhaps one element that could redefine the genre – dynamic one-twos. By pressing L1 + pass, you can then make the player who has just passed the ball move in any direction with a flick of the right stick. Doing so right now creates infinite possibilities in directing your attack, and allows you to change the run of the passer from simply moving forward. I say it’s potentially a gamechanger, because I feel it’s not been fleshed out as much as it could have been so far. While the movements are instant, it would be nice to have a variety of runs accesible through Player ID, and player traits. Someone like De Rossi for example might not want go get behind the defence with a one-two, and would rather dart along the field to create a shooting opportunity from far out. It’s impressive, but could potentially be a true selling point in the future.

The same can be said for Player ID. It’s been well documented, and still impresses. However, it currently equates to realistic movements over individual brilliance. As expected, players like Bale and Lennon move like their counter parts, but it’s not exclusive to just those people. Movements like the Iniesta side step or the Terry missile dive are seen being done by all the players, which I would rather not see. Player ID will no doubt be something that defines PES in the future, but I’m hoping to see more player exclusive mechanics. Such as Ronaldo, who is animated wonderfully. Every part of his repertoire is realised in PES 2013, and this attention to detail in all players is what will make it another gamechanger.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: WENB PES 2013 Preview Code Impressions

Quote:
As expected, players like Bale and Lennon move like their counter parts, but it’s not exclusive to just those people. Movements like the Iniesta side step or the Terry missile dive are seen being done by all the players, which I would rather not see.
Kind of disappointed to hear this.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
cant wait for the demo tomorrow
Old 07-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: WENB PES 2013 Preview Code Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Kind of disappointed to hear this.
I wouldn't worry. Like everything regarding PES animations it's probably related to certain stats and player card. Nothing that a good feedback from the demo can't solve, Konami has corrected many things from the demos in years past.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Impressions (WNB)

I am always a little leery of WENB especailly if Adam wrote that but it is getting good press in other places as well. The sixthaxis preview called it the best "football" game they ever played.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/07/...-2013-preview/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
Not sure if PES will be able to keep up with FIFA in my book. I'll have to play the demo and see how the game feels compared to FIFA.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 Hands-On Impressions (WNB)

Best football game around is PES2013. Way better than FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »