Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Details Arrive Next Week, What Are You Hoping For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Don't say that too loud in front of some Madden folks. God forbid they can't control every team and run the entire league. Point it out how it pretty much defeats the purpose of gm mode and they skin you alive.
Not even close to a reasonable comparison. Madden has eliminated any and all multi-team control AND editing capability. other than in single game, Play Now mode. Beyond ridiculous.

That said, including multi-team control in GM mode when it's already an option in Season mode makes little sense. The option is in the game already, period, no need for such overkill.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
For if a user can control every team in a single player GM mode, what's to stop them from making terrible trades on purpose, or causing teams to lose on purpose? etc etc.
Key here is SINGLE PLAYER mode... why do you care or why does anyone care what a user does in his on private single player gm mode ? Note, I don't really care to control all teams I don't even have time to control one team.. lol... but the people who like to do it should be able too.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincan
Thats just for online, same goes for no fantasy draft. At first I was really bummed, but when you think about it, it makes sense. Trying to do a draft with 30 other users would take a stupid long time.
What if i only wanted to do a fantasy draft with like say....5 other users, that wouldn't take too long.
Hey no one says you have to join a 30 team fantasy draft league either.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Key here is SINGLE PLAYER mode... why do you care or why does anyone care what a user does in his on private single player gm mode ? Note, I don't really care to control all teams I don't even have time to control one team.. lol... but the people who like to do it should be able too.
Honestly I don't care. But I can understand why they would limit it to one team only.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

First they ought to get rid of that terrible CPU trade logic. It is unbelievably annoying when you have to accept the most lopsided trades just to improve your GM relationship with a team. No thanks.

Also why did they remove the drafting process? I enjoyed making my draft picks, what is the purpose of taking away user interactivity? The scheduling after the first couple years is also nonsensical. Why do I play 10 home games in a row following 10 away games?

I'm hoping they left the fantasy draft option unlike Madden. I'm still on the fence about buying this year, but if they did remove it then it is certainly a no-go for me.

I'm also hoping a lot of the menus are improved, such as stat-tracking and determining trade needs and wants. A lot of those menus were very poorly put together and sort of ambiguous, and the stat screens for players are just bad (only four years, can't see which team they played for, et cetera).

Honestly there was quite a bit that could be improved. It is nice to see they made large improvements to gameplay, but if the GM mode is not largely improved, I'm probably not going to buy until they put some work into it.

Last edited by jwilphl; 07-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #62
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl

Also why did they remove the drafting process? I enjoyed making my draft picks, what is the purpose of taking away user interactivity? The scheduling after the first couple years is also nonsensical. Why do I play 10 home games in a row following 10 away games?

but if the GM mode is not largely improved, I'm probably not going to buy until they put some work into it.
The schedule for the 1st year is no problem because EA will just copy the schedule of for 2012-13. But the following year...EA should make an improvement in this area. There were games that I need to play 4 consecutive days..... WTH...NHL is not MLB.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
First they ought to get rid of that terrible CPU trade logic. It is unbelievably annoying when you have to accept the most lopsided trades just to improve your GM relationship with a team. No thanks.

I'm hoping they left the fantasy draft option unlike Madden. I'm still on the fence about buying this year, but if they did remove it then it is certainly a no-go for me.

I'm also hoping a lot of the menus are improved, such as stat-tracking and determining trade needs and wants. A lot of those menus were very poorly put together and sort of ambiguous, and the stat screens for players are just bad (only four years, can't see which team they played for, et cetera).

Honestly there was quite a bit that could be improved. It is nice to see they made large improvements to gameplay, but if the GM mode is not largely improved, I'm probably not going to buy until they put some work into it.
Entry draft and fantasy draft have only been removed for Be a GM online. It would be ridiculous trying to draft out that many rounds with 30 users, so it makes sense. Those options will be there like normal when playing offline.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hey everyone, I haven't bought any NHL games since NHL 06, because I don't have a PS3 nor a Xbox 360, and I consider buying a consol soon to play NHL, I was just wondering : has the quality of the game really improved since then? I mean, are the CPU still ********, like : won't accept trading no 30 pick for no 31, 32 & 33 because a 1st worths 10x more than a 2nd, won't accept trading multi picks for one pick, don't care about the team needs in trades (They cared in NHL 2000, but they kinda deleted that, I don't know why, it was great), realistic free agency (you really have to bid, you can't just talk o every guy and get them), no "super good legal staff" that allows you to sign the best FA at 1M/year. Contracts lasting more than 3 years, added waivers options, can look at draft picks for the following year, RFA status/offer sheets. Trades with fair value, more details than ATT, DEF, PHY, PUI and POT in rookie scouting, access to AHL players, minor team/prospects (I think they can't use them if they didn't play 1 game in the NHL, though, there is a rule for that...). I also played NHL 09 with a friend, and it was the same thing as NHL 06 IMO, except that you had "stars" to upgrade instead of money (which I didn't like), etc. As it finally improved or is it still the same game with better graphics? Is the dynasty mode finally realistic? What are the major changes? Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »