Home

NHL 13 - Look at Hockey I.Q. (Kidshowtime)

This is a discussion on NHL 13 - Look at Hockey I.Q. (Kidshowtime) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 - Look at Hockey I.Q. (Kidshowtime)

EA Sports Game Changer, Kidshowtime has posted his thoughts on NHL 13 hockey I.Q.

Quote:
There is more responsibility on the user to recognize a team who is being too aggressive or too passive. If you want the upper hand in NHL 13, you need to familiarize yourself with what a strong fore-check looks like and use that to potentially expose a team who is simply pushing up too far. The flip side of that is you also need to be cognizant of what lines you have on the ice and which players thrive under certain offensive and defensive strategies. With the new skating system, you’ll find yourself in tough if you’ve got your defenseman pinching quite often and they’re not the most agile or speediest skaters. If your breakout is defensive you will under-utilize a player like Marion Gaborik – forcing him to navigate through a potential 1-3-1 defensive setup and not gaining the speed he would with a more aggressive offensive rush.

The possibilities are endless – and on top of all of this there is also the option to customize your A.I. for your team. Although I can’t get into specifics yet, this feature allows the user full control and plenty of creativity in order to have an effective plan while heading into battle on the frozen surface. When tied into the new ‘coach mode’ – this really gives users something that’s been asked for since the series turned a corner into the simulation market – actually being able to be a coach for an NHL team. Setting strategies, changing lines and even having the ability to call for shots on the ice. Combined with the new True Broadcast Camera angle – it really feels like EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. has helped evolve a new way of playing EA SPORTS NHL 13.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
KmK
Pro

KmK's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 13 - Look at Hockey I.Q. (Kidshowtime)

Sounds promising !

LA Kings
San Diego Chargers
San Diego Padres
LA Clippers
UCLA Bruins
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

I honestly get the feeling the new AI make make the offline game something truly fantastic.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
This series is great and nhl 12 was ok but boring but 13 is going to really really change everything
Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
i agree RealmK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I honestly get the feeling the new AI make make the offline game something truly fantastic.
I really hope so too.
With the new GM features, it might be worthwhile for an offline gamer to pick this game up.

I also hope the BAP feature has seen some upgrades too.
I love those modes.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yep RealmK, if all that we know of so far really works well...NHL '13' could be a very nice change from past games in the series. I especially like in the write up where it's said you can have problems just getting the puck outta your own end. That alone will be quite a shocking change.

And having to change up strategies depending on what team your facing, sounds great. And possibly added too, the chance a clubs strategies may change due to coaching changes....yahoo!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
Rookie

BLA244's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds like this game is going to be great

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »