Home

NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Rookie

ThatZachGuy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 13 Video - GM Connected Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Can't wait till we start up an OS league!
I am definitely willing to do a OS League. I thought this mode was going to be exciting, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to find 30 people who are going to follow through with games and such. But if we can put 30 people together that take it seriously, I am all for it!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NHL 13 GM Connected Mode Revealed with Video and Blog

Looking forward to this. Playing with some real life buddies will make for a good time and plenty of trash talk.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I would totally do a OS league. Hopefully no one steals my Blues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Myself and other Game Changers / community day attendees been answering a lot of questions in this thread on the EA Forums:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8849625.page

Although I'm open to answering Q's here as well. For anyone unsure of scheduling:

Quote:
GM Connected uses the real NHL schedule. To play the games, the commissioner selects a "tick length," which can be anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks I believe. The length of this tick represents an actual portion of the NHL schedule. So when you enter your GM Connected, you will see all the games your NHL team has scheduled in real life as playable during that tick.

So for example, let's say I'm the Flyers, and the commissioner sets the league tick for 2 weeks. The first time I start my GM Connected as Philly, I will see all their games on the first two weeks of the schedule, let's say October 11-25.

THU OCT 11, 2012 BRUINS FLYERS 7:00 PM
SAT OCT 13, 2012 FLYERS ISLANDERS 7:00 PM
THU OCT 18, 2012 PENGUINS FLYERS 7:00 PM
SAT OCT 20, 2012 JETS FLYERS 7:00 PM
THU OCT 25, 2012 FLYERS CANADIENS 7:30 PM

Now the game will indicate whether these teams are human or AI controlled, and I can play them in any order. So if the GM of the Penguins is on but the Bruins guy isn't, I can still play my game against the Penguins even though it isn't "next" on the schedule.

The length of time for advancing the tick will be informal and vary league by league. So let's say your league decides that you will advance your schedule every REAL 5 days. So you have 5 days to play all your league games and once the commish advances, any unplayed games will be simmed. The schedule will then change to October 26-November 9, and you will have all your team's games from those two weeks available to play in the next five days, and so on.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
More power to those who think they can get 30 people to all get along, be organized and be responisble let alone up to 750. I will be happy with the 5 or 6 guys I know who will get along and play the right way. But I am glad they have finally added a online franchise to the hockey series.
I tend to agree but EA's hockey games seem to be less glitchy and have fewer "money" plays than say their football games so you could play an actual season and not see all the stupidness you see in Madden. Overall I was pretty impressed with NHL 12's online play even with "randoms"...I always have competitive games that can go either way (unlike football). I could see myself playing through a season but like you said, 30 people? I don't see it happening. 5 or 6 is more realistic.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Can we play online co-op with two people syching up from two different XBOX's in online VS and not just connected GM?

That is a HUGE WIN if we can!
Do you know the answer to this question Luger?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Do you know the answer to this question Luger?
I don't think so. You still have to go to traditional OTP for online co-op outside of the mode as far as I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I don't think so. You still have to go to traditional OTP for online co-op outside of the mode as far as I know.
Thats a shame. I wonder why they wouldnt include that functionality in normal online VS...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »