Home

NHL 13 Be a Pro and EA Sports Hockey League Improvements

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Be a Pro and EA Sports Hockey League Improvements within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Be a Pro and EA Sports Hockey League Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaFaction
I'm still curious how much time they've actually spent on the AI compared to past years...
XD

Post of the year, and its just august.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 08-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #10
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

found this great news on the EA Forums...

Quote:
EASHL Pro – Edit Attribute Changes

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...87113F2ED25841

Hey everyone,

There has been a lot of good discussion about the EASHL recently so let’s keep that up. I recently realized that I forgot to mention that we did a few small tweaks to the EASHL Pro regarding player types and how you can spend your XP. NHL is always tuned using NHL players and teams and we do not have separate gameplay for EASHL specially.

This year we have decided that you can no longer be better than an NHL player in any stats for EASHL, that way we don’t see 99 wrist shot accuracy and power being able to blow shots past goalies as easily. You will no longer be able to have 99 of any stat. We tuned the values based on real life NHL players within their respective player types.

For example, for snipers, we have a hard cap at 95 for wrist shot accuracy. The cap depends on the player type and what they “Should” be good and bad at. A Playmaker for example, would be able to get up to a 95 passing, but not up to a 90 rating shooting. We feel that by adding a cap for each stat based on player type does remove some of the freedoms you once had, but also forces people to choose a player type that more or less suites their style of play. We want NHL 13 to feel different with the new skating system, and we do not want people to have unbalanced players by being able to have 99 speed and agility for example.

You will also notice the player overall ratings will be much lower. This is somewhat of an unwanted result of the offline player rating separation that happened, but really the EASHL Pro’s overall rating doesn’t mean anything. The individual stats are the most important.

Also note that these caps were set while using the Boost Slots applied so we ensured that even while using boosts you could not go over an unwanted level. This will result in some people thinking some of the caps are set too low, but you must factor in the +8 boost you would apply to your pro.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
found this great news on the EA Forums...

that was for the dev team capping the EASHL Be A Pro Attributes..

FINALLY..

i had been asking for this since they started this stuff.

with that said, being able to get to 95 in some categories IMO is still over the top. they should have capped those at 90. again IMO, the best times to play in the EASHL is within the first month of the game being out. guys are more leveled out, evenly matched etc. so much fun!!

i know guys know personally cap their players at 95 bc they feel its a waste to have anything higher (the exception maybe speed).

hopefully this is done right and there are no glitches to it where guys can get past the cap. (crossing fingers)
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm having a hard time believing the NHL series has truly changed its ways in regards to the brokeness of the EASHL. Maybe it's being promised real hockey all these years and not getting it has made me very jaded and skeptical of their game changer marketing.

The progression system has always been a broken mess and now they finally start doing simple stuff like level caps and spreading out ratings. With that track record none of it will be close to perfectly implemented the first time they fix it.

Ditto gameplay advances. This is the same team that didn't acknowledge how awful and floaty the skating engine was online and made worse with tuners, despite the fact with a few slider adjustments offline you could make it much better. Now it's perfect enough in a laggy environment to compete with the skill stick?

My point being that NHL's hockey revolution this year is more of an evolution to throw the fans a bone and we shouldn't expect a level of polish that the team has never, ever delivered in a timely fashion.

Last edited by liberaluser; 08-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

I can't go over the fact they are advertising the fact that inception of "simming to the next shift" was such a great addition when someone who was an expert in how to build a tupperware was hired to program the line change.

If I see a D-Man teammates going to the bench for my player to get on when the play is behind our net, I swear I'm going to start training for Frisbee with the game disc.

BaP biggest problems last year was line change and bad AI. They said they worked on the AI, but no word on the line change.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I want to see custom period length for BaP when using sim to next shift. While sim to next shift is an idea I wanted, I don't want to play a full game of twenty minute periods and twenty odd shifts. Let me play with sim to next shift at whatever period length I want. I'd play the hell out of BaP if this were the case. I could burn through a lot of games quickly like in RttS.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Good stuff with the eashl caps. This is at least a band aid to the gushing wound if they were unable/unwilling to balance out the attributes more. Hopefully they've done that somewhat anyways, where each attribute is equally important instead of past years where balance/speed trumped all.

Dissappointed with the BAPs improvements. That's it? Ask for trades and retire?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #16
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

Good news overall but hope also that they have fixed the issue with "sim to next shift" and "text sim" had a very different number of shoots.

One option had very little compared with real life, and the other had way too much.

No mention to that, so i guess they haven't even noticed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »