Home

NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Tuning update notification

From what I seen on default All American, Linebackers react slow to it and DB's in they are in man, don't notice it at 1st because they follow the WR 1st. Block shedding across the board seemed to have been tuned down as well. Not seeing many defensive linemen instantly shedding their blocks on option plays or run plays to the outside like before. Nor if you run up the middle do they instantly do a 180 and tackle you.

OL do a much better job blocking now too. How ever they get highly confused if you blitz. Quite funny to watch a linemen trying to decide who to block, the incoming LB or the DL right in front of him.

QBs run much harder now on option plays. Seen a couple new break tackle animations. Over all the break tackle attempts by ball carriers have increased. They try to spin out of tackles a lot more. They aren't successful at it though most of the time, but it is nice they at least attempted to break the tackle. When they do successfully break a tackle though, look out, they put it in 3rd gear.

Defensive pursuit across the board seemed to have been tuned down as well. Their catch up speed isn't as fast as it use to be. So now you literally can see players running around another player only 3 feet away from them and not get caught.

Seen Georgia Tech do an option play from their own 5 yard line. QB was in the end zone, LB came, I thought oh cool safety, nope, QB just ran around him and turned what normally would have been a 8 yard lost and a safety to a 15 yard gain. Once he got to the corner he was gone.

That seems to be the overall theme now. If they can turn the corner, they are gone, for a good 8 yards or more. Screen plays have improved, DTs don't run as fast up the middle anymore. So now you will see screen plays go for big yards.

The CPU is kind of like a roller coaster now. 1st quarter they play really good. 2nd and 3rd quarter they play so so, come 4th quarter they kick it up to high gear and the best players on the team really step up.

All in all the CPU can now run the option pretty effective. Their positive yard rate success rate is around 70%. A lot of 3 and 4 yard gains, with some 16 and 30 yard gains sprinkled in with some 4 yard loses every now and then.

Way better then before.

Now EA needs to fine tune special teams and defensive ends pass rush.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

I didn't really notice anything at all. Option plays, using traditional option teams, are still pretty useless.

At least EA recognizes the issue.

That's the first step.

Maybe EA could make the line block better on option plays or decrease the defensive line's ability.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

If only they could fix the HORRIBLE cpu qb sacks on screen passes. In all their testing, did they NEVER catch this was an issue????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Fix. Automatic. CPU. Field goals.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Details Included (8-1-12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankman69
I was hoping for a user swat/pick update.
I personally don't feel anything is wrong with swat/pick. Remember the defender has to see the ball to react, there aren't anymore "user eyes behind the head" swats/picks anymore.

Hope this helped, I was not trying to put down your post.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

So they fixed something not many people complained about.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #15
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Fix. Automatic. CPU. Field goals.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get what your saying I had AI try three field goals inside 35 yards. They missed 2 of 3.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
So they fixed something not many people complained about.
Lots of people complained about the option. They just didn't fix the portion of the option that people complained about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »