Home

Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Rating

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Ratin

Drew Brees, there isn't anyone better at avoiding pressure without even moving more then a foot or 2 in the pocket.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Ratin

Guess I'm the only one thinking it's Peyton.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Rookie

StreetCarp's Arena

OVR: 1

I know it's cool to hate Brady now, but he deserves this if nothing else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Too hard for me to decide. Therefore, I shall not vote.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
The other Qb's can have these ratings, Rodgers still has the highest overall at 99 and last seasons MVP.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is easy. It should be Aaron Rodgers, without question. He was #1 in the NFL against the blitz. And if I'm not mistaken, he was better against the blitz than he was without it. Guy is a surgeon.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just to add to the discussion -- I'm not sure how EA calculates it, but I would think that awareness for a QB would be a combination of pocket presence, ability to diagnose and beat pressure, and protecting the football.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-quarterbacks/

PFF has the pressure state broken down by categories, then by an overall grade for 2011:

TOP 3 QBs Avoiding Sacks
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Drew Brees

TD to INT ratio under pressure
Aaron Rodgers 4:0
Andy Dalton 4:0
Sam Bradford 2:0

^now this one is kind of a funny result, but I can see how they got there because int's are so weighted. These three graded out highest because they they zero INTs. Here's the next three on that list.

Tom Brady - 8:2
Drew Brees - 10:3
Ben Roethlisberger - 6:2

Completion % Under Pressure
Drew Brees
Tony Romo
Jay Cutler

Highest Overall Grade Against Pressure
Eli Manning
Drew Brees
Cam Newton

next two were
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady

Now I'm surprised to see Cam graded out so high, but it had more to do with him seeing more overall pressure than Rodgers and Brady. Both best Cam in TD/INT ratio, but Cam did have a higher comp % under pressure than Rodgers and was sacked less than either, which ties into the forumla. Not sure I totally buy it, but it's something to think about. Maybe EA should tick up Cam's awareness a bit.
Excellent info. I would also consider pre-snap adjustments to be part of awareness. Peyton Manning is the master of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCarp
I know it's cool to hate Brady now, but he deserves this if nothing else.
Why would he deserve it? When you have illegal tapes of other teams it's much easier to carve up a defense...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »