Home

NHL 13 Blog - GM Brain: The New AI System That Handles Computer Trades, Drafts & More

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Blog - GM Brain: The New AI System That Handles Computer Trades, Drafts & More within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The New Be-A-GM Brain

Wow.. I love what I'm reading.. will it all work as advertised?
Old 08-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

This all sounds really good. I hope that it plays out this way. Obviously this is in no way going to be perfect but as long as there aren't any glaring bugs and glitches I will be really really happy. There is nothing I like more than actually having to think like a GM really would. The NHL is the ultimate test to this with there being a salary cap and not a ton of money to spend.

One thing I would still love for NHL to add is real life budgets. This way teams like the Islanders can't spend all the way to the cap unless they start producing wins and making a profit. At least have an option to turn on real life budgets or not. I would love to take on the task of building up the Islanders and only being able to spend a couple mill past the salary floor for the first few years until I start winning games. Just something I hope happens with Be A GM one day.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
This is the best/most exciting news I've seen thus far on NHL 13, and really for the series in the general the past few years. I pretty much play offline BAGM exclusively and have been absolutely burnt out the past couple years.

IF this works as described, and the skating engine makes the game feel different, then I'll probably be a happy camper. I'm hoping this "player roles" stuff factors into what we see on the ice, as well as what other GMs are doing with roster moves, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

It sounds great, or it has the potential to be great. I have a tough choice this year, Fifa or NHL.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustSaint
It sounds great, or it has the potential to be great. I have a tough choice this year, Fifa or NHL.
I bought FIFA this year. Totally going with NHL this year. Just something about hockey that I love. With all of these improvements we all should be in for a good time.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wonder what the "senses" rating is about. I assume it is being good at seeing players across the ice and making accurate passes? Effectively separating the evaluation of deke skill with passing skill on the puck?

Last edited by liberaluser; 08-02-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
I wonder what the "senses" rating is about. I assume it is being good at seeing players across the ice and making accurate passes? Effectively separating the evaluation of deke skill with passing skill on the puck?
I'd imagine it's vision. How well a player sees the ice, if correct star play makers you would think would have a high sense rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Wow.. I love what I'm reading.. will it all work as advertised?
hope so!!! better have beta tester who will PAY ATTENTION TO THESE PROMISES..because if not and its because of lousy quality testing..i'll be pissed of

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »