Home

Madden NFL 13 Q&A Confirms No Infinity Engine or MUT for Wii U

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Q&A Confirms No Infinity Engine or MUT for Wii U within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 13 Q&A Confirms No Infinity Engine or MUT for Wii U

During an interview with ESPN, Producer Yuri Bialoskursky has confirmed, no Infinity Engine or MUT in the Wii U version of Madden NFL 13.

Quote:
ESPN Playbook: Don’t you think Nintendo consumers are going to be frustrated by getting an inferior version of “Madden” again? The Infinity Engine is what defines “Madden 13,” yet it’s nowhere to be seen on the Wii U.

Yuri Bialoskursky: It’s not for a lack of want. We definitely wanted to get the physics into the game. The Infinity Engine is something that is a point of interest for “Madden” fans, it’s just something we weren’t able to achieve for this first year on the new hardware. A lot of times, new hardware comes with new challenges. But we were able to add things to “Madden” on a lot of different levels, like being able to draw your own hot routes and being able to change your plays on the fly and create your own plays, giving you the ability to do whatever you want to do pre-play. Play-calling is another area that could be underestimated at face value. You have your playbook fully exposed to you. You don’t have to dig through menus and dig back out of menus to find the perfect play. There’s a lot of searching around, I think, on the other consoles. Just the way it’s laid out enables you to access everything very quickly. Then, of course, you’re able to utilize substitutions and packages, making changes very simply and very intuitively by just tapping and swiping the screen.
Platform: Wii U
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 13 Q&A Confirms No Infinity Engine or MUT for Wii U

I feeling calling BS at EA, but I won't.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Imo sport games are not Nintendos style anyways. They try to cater to kids as much as they can.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

The wii was meant to be a motion based gaming device, but then this hand held device is more of a touch screen operation combined with being essentially a PS vita. It probably should not have gotten the wii name on it, as it is it's own thing.

It makes me think of this... “I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami,. Some one needs to tell the turkey...man, just be yourself. I liked you the way you were." - Mitch Hedberg.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

You guys need to read this: http://kotaku.com/5930370/how-video-...t-twenty-years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Thanks for the link. I guess I understand why EA hasn't included it in the Wii U yet. But they should add it close in the future, right?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

The problem with the Wii U is that, once again, it's inferior hardware. It's not even really up to snuff with the 360. So what happens when the PS4 and next Xbox comes out, and they're pushing some serious horse power? Those consoles are going to be doing things that the Wii U has no chance at. That can mean physics, AI, and more. Instead, you'll get what was seen on the Wii. A novelty game. Because the Wii U won't be able to keep up. I'd imagine Madden 14 for Wii U gets Infinity just as NCAA 14 gets it. But once the new consoles come out, I'd expect the Wii U to once again be the step child nobody wants to acknowledge.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
The most potentialI I see of the Wii U is of ports of this generations best 3rd party games and all of Nintendo's franchises finally making the jump to HD.

Like all consoles it will take time for developers to get a good handle on getting things running well on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »