Home

UFC Undisputed 3 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 3 Review (360/PS3) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7
I feel like the career mode took a step back. There's no calendar to give you any sense of time. The mini games were fun at first, but need to be balanced. Some of them, like the cage clinch one, need to be made harder. As it is right now, it's SO incredibly easy. I don't like how the stats progress and regress. Just because I train one area, doesn't mean the other area should go down. I kind of liked last year's tier system where it couldn't drop below a certain point if you had the sparring partners all upgraded.

I think my least favorite part about career mode this year though, has got to be the lack of camps. In 2010, there were a plethora of different camps to go to and train at. This year there's only 6, AND you're forced into choosing a camp at some point. I understand the thought process here, but I feel like it really limits your options as far as learning new moves. And there's no bonus to your stats for belonging to a camp. It says in the description what the camp is known for, I feel like certain stats should be boosted depending on what the camp is renowned for.

For example, I chose to go to Wolfslair and it said the camp was known for producing some of the best boxers. My standing strike offense and defense should be boosted, whereas maybe my ground grapple bottom offense and defense suffers.

Gameplay is nice though. I feel like it's much improved over the previous iterations. Simulation setting helps this game out a lot. Although, I've really yet to see much variety when facing opponents. All of them seem content to stand and trade, even when that's not what they do in real life.

Solid game. Much better than 2010 in most areas.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
My biggest gripe as well is the camp structure. It also seems like the moves learned at a camp are cut down once you join a certain camp. And some camps are pretty one sided as far as what they learn. Once your asked to pick a camp, you are pretty limited as to the type of fighter you want to be. Like ATT... Why do they not teach kicks?

I just feel they should let you leave a camp an sacrifice a % of skills PTA learned rather than make you pick and be stuck.

My first career I accidentally picked black house for my striker and had no way to fix it leading to a completely new career. Greg Jackson's camp really doesn't offer too much I found odd considering the talent he spills out. I find it the weakest camp overall.

Love the game anyway tho.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.766624,-71.476183
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
Rookie

dakpak's Arena

OVR: 4
awesome game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6
I didn't like ufc 1 and 2 at all, but undisputed 3 is outstanding in term of contents unlockable items, fighters etc...
There's still a lot of things to improve, but this year the game is awesome.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3
UFC Undisputed 3 is "The best MMA videogame ever made". 10/10.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondoCeltics9
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #15
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondoCeltics9
No, this was the best MMA game ever made:

Spoiler

It also had Bones Jones at his correct rating, something like a 79. Anyone who watches the sport knows he's overrated. He only beat shogun b/c he wasn't healthy, Machida was on short notice, and Rashad had problems w/ weight because he was trying todrop down to 185. He also isn't a true champion b/c he got a DUI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
No, this was the best MMA game ever made:

Spoiler

It also had Bones Jones at his correct rating, something like a 79. Anyone who watches the sport knows he's overrated. He only beat shogun b/c he wasn't healthy, Machida was on short notice, and Rashad had problems w/ weight because he was trying todrop down to 185. He also isn't a true champion b/c he got a DUI.
I'm lost...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »