Home

GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the GRID 2 screenshots, right here.

Here are some of the GRID 2 previews, floating around the Internet.
THE RACE RETURNS IN 2013 – GET READY FOR TOTAL RACE
DAY IMMERSION AS CODEMASTERS® UNVEILS GRID®2™

Los Angeles, Calif. – August 8, 2012 – Codemasters® today announced that GRID® 2™, the long-awaited sequel to the BAFTA-award winning, critically acclaimed GRID™, is in production at Codemasters Racing Studios and set for a 2013 launch for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC.

Revealing the first of the game’s new locations, including Chicago and Paris, the debut GRID 2 trailer video is now showing at www.gridgame.com and captures a snapshot of the relentless, high-impact aggressive thrills that lie at the core of GRID 2’s cinematic race experience.

GRID 2 will challenge players to be fast, be first and be famous as they enter a stunning new world of competitive motorsport. In pre-production for two years, GRID 2 is now in full development on the latest evolution of the award-winning EGO Game Technology Platform. Following the success of GRID, which set new standards for damage, AI, visuals and introduced the Flashback time rewind feature - now adopted by many racing games – GRID 2 will again raise the gameplay and technological bar for motorsport gaming and remain true to the series’ core values – it’s all about the race.

“GRID’s back and we’re going to make street, track and road racing exciting again,” said Clive Moody, Executive Producer. “The core design philosophy for GRID 2 is that we treat the race as a character, not a consequence of simply putting cars on tracks. Everything that goes into the game impacts on that second-to-second, in the moment, blockbuster drama – the feel and personality of the race.”

“We’re pushing boundaries once again with what can be accomplished in the genre via new tools, technology and innovations. In single-player, split-screen and online, the next-generation of the EGO Game Technology Platform will power graphics, AI, handling and damage advancements that will immerse players in the racing experience like never before. Like its predecessor, GRID 2 will put the sheer thrill and adrenaline rush of the race at the heart of the experience. It’s what we call Total Race Day Immersion.”

In an expansive career mode, players will experience aggressive wheel-to-wheel racing against advanced AI where each spectacular race unfolds with cinematic immersion. Building on the handling model from GRID, the new TrueFeel Handling System will use real physics to hit a sweetspot between accessibility and simulation and deliver handling that is approachable yet challenging to master.

Going behind the wheel of a handpicked selection of automotive icons spanning four decades and three continents – North America, Europe and Asia – players will race their way to the top of a new, evolving world of motorsport. From Paris to Abu Dhabi, Miami to the sun-kissed California coast and beyond, beautifully created city streets, licensed circuits and edge-of-control mountain roads will become home to the most visceral and exhilarating races in gaming.

GRID 2 will also set new standards for a racing multiplayer experience with an entirely distinct and extensive gameplay component and unique progression system. Deep customisation options and integration with RaceNet* – the online community portal for Codemasters Racing games which tracks player’s races, rewards and rivals – will offer further immersion and connectivity in GRID 2’s new world of motorsport.

Fans can keep up with all the latest updates straight from the studio by speeding over to www.gridgame.com and www.facebook.com/gridgame or follow the team at www.twitter.com/gridgame.

RaceNet
*RaceNet is the free new online extension for Codemasters Racing games, which enables players to track their Races, Rivals and Rewards. Currently in beta, RaceNet allows players to join in community challenges, track their progress in game and check challenges with friends and competitors. RaceNet adds new features regularly and will launch in full with GRID 2. Discover more at http://www.racenet.com

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Great, I love the first Grid
Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: GRID 2 Announced with Trailer, Screenshots and Previews From Around the Web

Finally!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Just so you all know, it's been confirmed that there's NOT going to be a cockpit view in Grid 2. Although I am happy that they are finally planning on releasing a sequel to the original Grid, it is a bit of a disappointment to have such a huge immersive feature missing.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Just so you all know, it's been confirmed that there's NOT going to be a cockpit view in Grid 2. Although I am happy that they are finally planning on releasing a sequel to the original Grid, it is a bit of a disappointment to have such a huge immersive feature missing.
Damn... are you serious? Do you have a source? The original Grid and all three Dirt games have cockpit views.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Lame... confirmed in this article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-were-british

Well, I'm still excited, although disappointed. If this looks as good as it sounds so far, and has a great sense of speed, I think I'll actually preview the chase came anyway.

According to that article it says about 95% of players never use the cockpit view. Interesting.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 32
Finally - I have been holding on to GRiD since I thought it was the best of both worlds from my perspective... A bit arcade and a bit sim in some ways. Love this news, although like some on here - a bit puzzled about the cockpit view.... I played with it alot as well. I will grab this one when it comes out. No doubt.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

GRID was the game that introduce the 'realistic' cockpit view. Such an odd choice to drop that from the game.

I am on the fence. GRID was a disappointment for me because I was a huge TOCA fan and GRID was a big departure from that. I hope this game steers clear of this "Xtreme" vibe CM have been pushing unsuccessfully for the past few years. They need to get back to what they do best and what sets them apart - pure racing.

Kind of glad that it is not coming until 2013. With Horizons, Most Wanted and F1 coming out this year I don't know I would even find a place for GRID2.

...well, started reading those previews at Eurogamer and not only is the in-car gone, but this

Quote:
If you've checked out Oli's Grid 2 preview, you'll already know that one of the most interesting things about the game is also an omission - the absence of difficulty levels of driver assists. Codies is attempting to make a game with great handling depth that people can still pick up and play.
Sounder further and further from the spiritual successor to TOCA I wanted.

Last edited by lnin0; 08-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »