Home

2K Games VP of Marketing Promises No Jay-Z Overload In NBA 2K13

This is a discussion on 2K Games VP of Marketing Promises No Jay-Z Overload In NBA 2K13 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jay z is a huge basketball fan and understands the game so i know he will definitely give a great person on the outside advice for the sounds of the game
Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
It would be cool to have him rendered on the sidelines at the nets ztadium even if they snuck and put him there and let it be some kind of easter egg. Maybe even have an achievement score 99 points in brooklyn and get the "99 problems" achievement lol
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: 2K Games VP of Marketing Promises No Jay-Z Overload In NBA 2K13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
...he better be on the sidelines at the Barclay's Center with Beyonce!
I actually thought seeing them on the sidelines might be kinda cool. And during the Lakers...oh look, there's Jack Nicolas! lol
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I actually thought seeing them on the sidelines might be kinda cool. And during the Lakers...oh look, there's Jack Nicolas! lol

Agreed. Would be sick to seem him sitting courtside.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Don't forget about Spike at Knicks games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm certainly open to being impressed with Jay-Z's contributions, and I'd like nothing more than to finally see what he did with 2K and come away saying, "Wow". But for the time being, the mere talk about Jay-Z and what he's doing with 2K just isn't registering with me. It's not exciting for me to picture a music mogul working on non-music stuff in a basketball game I like to play. And I'm not sure I'd be too head over heels about a game design based upon what Jay-Z thinks is hot.

With that said, I think actual information on this topic will change my tune.

I've always been in favor of tackling both on- and off the court matters. If basketball games waited until they got everything right on the court, My Player, Association, Crib, Classic Teams, Dunk Contests, 3pt. Shootouts, Season Mode, Playoffs, Situation, Real Time Roster Updates, and 2KShare wouldn't exist.

With that said, I did raise an eyebrow when I read the paragraph you quoted, but for a reason differing from your own. Again, not having any true information released that'd better explain what Argent's talking about, I cringed a little when I read "basketball is obviously at the core, but it's a lot more than that. It's music, culture and entertainment." I think creating an entire environment could work out nicely, but I also think it's a thin line. For starters, Jay-Z's music (and that of his peers included on the soundtrack) is not my basketball, music and entertainment culture and it's not my NBA culture. While Argent assured us Jay-Z himself would not be thrown into gamer's faces, I am hopeful other things aren't instead.
Basketball and especially the nba has a certain culture and it directly coincides with the hip hop culture and lifestyle. I think it's actually a good thing the 2k is willing and has been in the past to embrace that culture. The music, entertainment, and culture side of things most likely won't be for you in this game, but it will be true to the association it represents.

While i'm certainly not a part of that lifestyle myself, I can see why 2k wanted that represented in the game, and I'm sure they'll do a good job.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

Agreed. Would be sick to seem him sitting courtside.
Dude...i just woke my 1 year old daughter up laughing at this...
Old 08-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I foresee him being used a lot in MyPlayer mode. Not sure exactly where else they could put him that'd make a difference.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »