Home

NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

Everything sounds great and looks great. I am curious to see how the shot stick works but as long as its in I'm not worried about it. 2 things I'm skeptical about are the quote about pressing the right stick and something cool will happen. I would hate the game to be a crossover fest because that's not NBA basketball. The second is signature icons. This reminds me of something NBA live tried years ago. They said it doesn't effect ratings bit then net on to say the floor general icon boost awareness. I personally hate systems like this. If d.rose is a floor general it should already be quantified in his ratings and tendencies not a stupid icon. When live did that system it create super players with multiple icons. I have faith 2k will work it out. But I would hate to see the icon players with special abilities sort of speak.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

Quote:
Other changes and additions are indicative of Visual Concepts' desire to open up NBA 2K13 to a wider audience. The Control Stick isn't the only streamlining the team has done; this year, calling for a pick is as simple as holding down the left bumper. And the hop step move, which the developers removed for NBA 2K12 — much to the chagrin of many fans — is back, on the B/circle button.
Why does 2k insist on giving the hop step more focus than any other move? A controller button is valuable real estate and I can think of a dozen more important things that we could use a button for.

Seriously what is your fetish with the hop step???
Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #19
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedus
I think 2K may thank for EA...

EA use R sticks for freestyle passing (live 10)then 2K11 did it
EA use R sticks for dribble,then 2k13 did it now
EA introduce RTP(Elite),then 2K13 did it now

everything EA want do it ,then 2K make it better

maybe that's why EA do not show anything at this time!!
Doubt it, buddy. They probably haven't shown anything cause there isn't anything worth showing.

This all sounds awesome and I can't wiat until 2K13. Real-time physics is going to be huge, especially if we don't see anymore clipping, for shotting fouls and charging. I hoping that foot-planting, locomotion and player momentum were also addressed.

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Why does 2k insist on giving the hop step more focus than any other move? A controller button is valuable real estate and I can think of a dozen more important things that we could use a button for.

THanks to it being left and right on the shot stick when holding down L2 (or is it R2?) I find I do a lot of hop steps anyway when attacking the basket.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #21
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy

I actually like having a separate hop step button. using the the stick to do hop steps in 2k12 was a bit too inconsistent...if your stick direction was just slightly off, you would do a floater instead of a hop step, and that could get frustrating. having it mapped to a button means you'll get exactly what you intended every time.

Also, speaking of moves that don't deserve a whole button...the fake pass button really isn't necessary either...i'd argue it's much less useful than a hop step. the hop step is actually useful for faking out the defense, but i have never benefited from or used the fake pass.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-10-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
I actually like having a separate hop step button. using the the stick to do hop steps in 2k12 was a bit too inconsistent...you sometimes get a hop step when you didn't want one, or you wouldn't get one when you wanted one. having it mapped to a button means you'll get exactly what you intended every time. Also, speaking of moves that don't deserve a whole button...the fake pass button really isn't necessary. or the shot button for that matter. i wish 2k would just make up their mind and either pick the shot stick or the shot button rather than being redundant and having both. people would adjust quickly...i seriously doubt people would give up on the game just because 2k got rid of the shot button or the shot stick...they would adapt and learn to use what 2k gives them.
Fake pass doesn't have it's own button. You just double tap pass now.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
And the hop step move, which the developers removed for NBA 2K12 — much to the chagrin of many fans — is back, on the B/circle button.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the bounce passes sound interesting...but I only use icon passing, so does the left trigger bounce pass work with icon passes as well? or are icon passes still just automatically determined by the game?
I am an icon passing guy either. Hopefully you will be able to bounce icon pass using the LT as a modifier... They just have to change the pass to center with the RT (as last years was the LT).

All the changes sound pretty good.

Cheers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »