Home

NBA 2K13 - 25 Things We Know (GameInformer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 - 25 Things We Know (GameInformer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Sounds like NBA 2K13 is going to be a super duper classic like NBA 2K11 was....#Can'twait!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 - 25 Things We Know (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Thanks, I wasn't familiar with button layout...

For the sake of discussion, let's say you don't hit them perfectly equal at the exact same time every time. We could be looking at a stray shot from halfcourt, or a pass to an unintended player.
I mean my controller is pretty responsive....so all i would do is just use my thumb....
Old 08-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #19
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Wow, this is pretty much everything I wanted. Now waiting for some news regarding improvements to online association, association, and MyPlayer.

I see it is going to be an extremely long wait until October.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
Rookie

Xuriath's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
In past games Visual Concepts felt that after the whistle blew the presentation would often break the sense of immersion with flaws in the way players acted and reacted. The transition of seeing LeBron James make one of his signature dunks, but then stumble aimlessly around the court like a zombie as a quarter came to a close was jarring. In NBA 2K13, the team made an effort to seamlessly integrate ambient actions to make sure that players are doing things they would actually do in real life during dead ball situations.
Does this mean we will see Blake Griffen stare down his opponents every time he dunks on them? Will we see D Wade and Lebron laughing at opponents on the bench when they are up by 20? Will we see that horrible celebration from Kobe when he makes at least 3 threes from the olympics?

These are the questions I need answered....
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
Rookie

Xuriath's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Top 25 things we know about NBA 2K13 - Gameinformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
This is an interesting quote,

Seems like an awful lot of stuff going on with that right stick, but based on the way 2k has been talking about it, it will work very well. I want to try this demo soon to get these changes down before the full game is released

Im very curious to see how this is implemented
All this is telling me is that i'll have to learn how to work in the post....for the third installment straight. It changed in 2k11, then again in 2k12, now here for 2k13....it changes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuriath
Does this mean we will see Blake Griffen stare down his opponents every time he dunks on them? Will we see D Wade and Lebron laughing at opponents on the bench when they are up by 20? Will we see that horrible celebration from Kobe when he makes at least 3 threes from the olympics?

These are the questions I need answered....
I thnk they're talking about when you call time out and everyone starts shuffling around dead legged and stiff. My favorite comes when two players meet do that awkward pat on the head thing and the other guy clenches his fist all weird at the same time a defender literally walks between them like they aren't there.

Just trying to keep the realistic motions up even when quarters end, for time outs and fouls, and, I'm assuming, when someone gets hurt.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

"Visual Concepts also changed the alley-oop controls. This year when you see an opportunity for a quick basket at the rim, you can mash the A and X buttons to throw it up."

i think they meant that if theres like 1-3 seconds left on the shot clock and you got to throw it up real quick , you can just mash A and X together to throw up a quick lob to your big man.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Man, if this is their last year dedicated to current gen platforms then 2K went all out. Game is going to be awesome!!!!

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »