Home

Madden NFL 13 Videos - Demo Intros

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Videos - Demo Intros within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: New Madden NFL 13 Video: Demo Sneak Peek

I like the intros. I kind of wish there was a voice introducing the game before Jim and Phil take over. I might ad one myself.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
I think the intros are 1000000000000000x better than the absolute joke we saw in NCAA 13.

But I still need to see how diverse this is. And how they'll complement this with a post-game show, a half-time show, or mid-game updates.

As of now, they have about 25% of the presentation down pretty solid. Not amazing, but solid. And I think that's a huge accomplishment in itself for a company like EA.
Am I the only one who could care less about this stuff? Give me close to perfect gameplay and I'm happy. I don't need halftime shows or pre-game anything. I just want the gameplay to be SOLID.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

normally madden would be about to come out in a week? Delayed release #FAIL
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #20
Rookie

S C 0 0 Z E's Arena

OVR: 2

lol Pete Carroll must be doing some serious deadlifting, his traps are huge.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Am I the only one who could care less about this stuff?
You're not.

But there are also people who do care.

No reason why we can't have both excellent presentation and excellent gameplay. It's been done before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
New York San Francisco

Seattle Washington
They have done a pretty good job here. I like how there was 2 variations of intro's here(mostly audio). If the playoffs and Superbowl's have there own special pregames & intro's, I think overall this is the best looking pregame/intro cut scenes of any football video game I have seen. If only it had a custom stadium music & editor

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...en-nfl-13-demo

I guess I am becoming "that guy" but what's the deal with some of the cut scene transitions? I have read back to some of the things The Watcher used to point out all the time back in the day, that still seem to be there. For example in the Redskins video, why does it transition from everyone in the huddle putting their hands in, immediately back to everyone on the sideline?

If they are intending for that to be a flashback type montage of something that has already taken place and then back to a "live" shot of the sideline, there needs to be a better method to relay that to the viewer. I hope people understand what I am saying and not just thinking "stop being nitpicky" because the little things like that matter
I'm with you, man. Jump/quick cuts denote a continuation of time. Cross-dissolves (or fades) denote a passage of time. If you watch the NFL on TV and when they are doing a flashback, the video often tends to slow just slightly right before a cross-dissolve to the live video. In real time (a live game), the guy in the bus is switching from camera to camera without dissolves or transitions. You jump from one shot to the next because this is happening now.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite often. You can see it happen in NBC's coverage of the Olympics when showing a flashback or replay.

Also, the camera in Madden always seems too fixed on the player, as if it bounces with his trot. I hope the cutaway cameras are more stable, smooth and TV like in '13.

Studying film, videography and editing along with shooting news and sports has kinda ruined movies, TV shows and other things for me. Ha. So, when I see what you see, I can tell that it's not that you are simply being nit picky. Instead, you are picking up on things you normally accept subconsciously because they are abnormal compared to what you are used to. It's like when you visit someone's house and it smells different. You pick up on things that aren't what you are used to.
Is that too confusing? lol

With that said, Madden has ALWAYS been the worst in the commentary and presentation dept. They've made huge strides the last few years in that regard, however, and it'll probably be a bit longer before it feels fluid. I guess...
Old 08-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I'm with you, man. Jump/quick cuts denote a continuation of time. Cross-dissolves (or fades) denote a passage of time. If you watch the NFL on TV and when they are doing a flashback, the video often tends to slow just slightly right before a cross-dissolve to the live video. In real time (a live game), the guy in the bus is switching from camera to camera without dissolves or transitions. You jump from one shot to the next because this is happening now.

This doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite often. You can see it happen in NBC's coverage of the Olympics when showing a flashback or replay.

Also, the camera in Madden always seems too fixed on the player, as if it bounces with his trot. I hope the cutaway cameras are more stable, smooth and TV like in '13.

Studying film, videography and editing along with shooting news and sports has kinda ruined movies, TV shows and other things for me. Ha. So, when I see what you see, I can tell that it's not that you are simply being nit picky. Instead, you are picking up on things you normally accept subconsciously because they are abnormal compared to what you are used to. It's like when you visit someone's house and it smells different. You pick up on things that aren't what you are used to.
Is that too confusing? lol

With that said, Madden has ALWAYS been the worst in the commentary and presentation dept. They've made huge strides the last few years in that regard, however, and it'll probably be a bit longer before it feels fluid. I guess...
I am sitting here saying "Yes" like that diner scene from "When Harry Met Sally", lol. Thanks for articulating the specifics far better than I could. Like I said, a poster called The Watcher has actually been down to Tiburon and told them about these things, according to an OS search, so it just baffling at this point. I just wish EA/Tiburon would copy the NFL from the rooter to the tooter as best they can and stop letting the "Madden" brand get in the way.

Oh well, like you stated, at least it is far better than it has been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »