Home

NEOGEO X GOLD Entertainment System Release Date Set For December 6, 2012 at $199.99

This is a discussion on NEOGEO X GOLD Entertainment System Release Date Set For December 6, 2012 at $199.99 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NEOGEO X GOLD Entertainment System Release Date Set For December 6, 2012 at $199.99

NEOGEO X GOLD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM Announced for Worldwide Distribution

Tommo Inc. sets release date and price for revolutionary gaming "system within a system"

Los Angeles, Calif. - August 13, 2012 - Tommo, Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today confirmed that the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is scheduled for a worldwide release this December. Following the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking NEOGEO AES console, the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system provides players with all of the features of a home arcade and the convenience of a handheld gaming device. The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is set for a worldwide release on December 6, 2012 for a suggested retail price of $199.99 (USD).

The NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system comes complete with the NEOGEO X Station, the NEOGEO X Handheld with 20 pre-loaded NEOGEO classic titles, and the NEOGEO X Joystick. In addition to coming pre-loaded with 20 NEOGEO classic titles, the NEOGEO X Handheld device features a crisp 4.3" LCD display, an expandable game card slot, internal stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack for a personal gaming experience you can take anywhere. The NEOGEO X Handheld device works with the NEOGEO X Joystick and NEOGEO X Station to charge the handheld device and transfer the action directly to a television set or monitor, via HDMI or A/V out, for a true arcade experience right at home.

The full list of NEOGEO X Handheld pre-installed games is as follows:
  • 3 COUNT BOUT
  • LEAGUE BOWLING
  • ART OF FIGHTING II
  • MAGICIAN LORD
  • ALPHA MISSION II
  • METAL SLUG
  • BASEBALL STARS II
  • MUTATION NATION
  • CYBER LIP
  • NAM 1975
  • FATAL FURY
  • PUZZLED
  • FATAL FURY SPECIAL
  • REAL BOUT - FATAL FURY SPECIAL
  • THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN II
  • KING OF THE MONSTERS
  • SUPER SIDEKICKS
  • LAST RESORT
  • WORLD HEROES PERFECT
"Great game consoles don't die; they're just reborn in much more affordable and convenient packages," said Tommo CEO Jonathan Wan. "The NEOGEO X GOLD is a love letter to one of my favorite consoles of all time, and working with SNK PLAYMORE to acquire the NEOGEO license, Tommo Inc. looks to provide gaming and entertainment enthusiasts with a classic arcade experience both at home and on the go."

NGXG Entertainment System

Distribution of the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system for European and Asian territories will be handled exclusively by BLAZE and Success Company. North American distribution of the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system will be handled exclusively by Tommo, Inc..

For the latest news as it is released, and for additional information regarding the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system, please visit: www.NEOGEOX.com.
Platform: Other
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NEOGEO X GOLD Entertainment System Release Date Set For December 6, 2012 at $199.

That's pretty awesome, but I don't know about $199.99 being a "much more affordable package"... I can buy most new systems for that price.

If this was $99, it might be something I'd consider. No way for $200 though.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NEOGEO X GOLD Entertainment System Release Date Set For December 6, 2012 at $199.

They must be crazy. $200 for a system that plays old games. This will be a big Fail!

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
That's pretty awesome, but I don't know about $199.99 being a "much more affordable package"... I can buy most new systems for that price.

If this was $99, it might be something I'd consider. No way for $200 though.
That's what I keep saying, this thing is $80-$100 overpriced. I think they are trying to sell this to the NEOGEO crowd that might be looking for a console to have on the side in case their old one break and they can take those 20 games on the go. The thing is that they didn't even mention if more games would be released for the portable or not.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Damn i wish they had run n gun basketball game in that package. I used to love that game. I wish it was cheaper maybe $70 would be great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Speaking as someone who owns a Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo MVS cabinet and a Neo Geo CMVS, if they all broke tomorrow I wouldn't buy this. For one there doesn't seem to be any support for any of the cartridges, which is a deal breaker. The device is expensive and way too specialized, why buy this to carry around when I can emulate on something else? If I was interested in Neo Geo games, why would I buy this instead of buying the individual games on some other console? Lastly BLAZE being connected to this is a definite red flag considering the really piss poor quality with their other retro consoles.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

That looks old school as hell. Awesome.

I thought this was going to be tagged at $99 though?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Collectors and the curious with money to burn will buy it. I mean seriously, just look at the most purchased thread.....People buy random crap every week just for the hell of it.

I know people who have Blu Rays of tv shows and movies that weren't even good, but they bought them anyway. I know people who own 8 different tablets.....just for the hell of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »