Home

Five Ways to Enjoy NCAA 13's Dynasty Mode: #5 Mix it Up

This is a discussion on Five Ways to Enjoy NCAA 13's Dynasty Mode: #5 Mix it Up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Ways to Enjoy NCAA 13's Dynasty Mode: #5 Mix it Up

The only thing missing from you being able to enjoy NCAA 13's Dynasty Mode is a little bit of imagination. The custom conferences tool is an amazing little feature that will basically allow you to create just about any combination of conferences and conference matchups you could imagine. Do you want to move conferences back to where they were in the 1990s or 1980s? No problem! Do you want to create fictional Super Conferences based upon Geography and Geography alone? No problem!

Extending the life cycle of NCAA 13's dynasty mode may just involve you mixing it up some and trying something new.

What have you done to mix up your NCAA Football 13 Dynasty experience?
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Five Ways to Enjoy NCAA 13's Dynasty Mode: #5 Mix it Up

I do a very simple version of the promotion/relegation idea.

If a team is abnormally high in the rankings, I move them up to a better conference, and replace them with the last place team in said conference.

I actually haven't had to do it yet in my dynasty, but in year 3, Houston is 8-0 so far and ranked #3, so after this year I will probably move them out of C-USA and into the Big 12

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
s/w
Rookie

OVR: 0
This could be fun if the scheduling logic wasn't broken. 20-30 teams a season only playing 11 games ruins it.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I just wish you could eliminate conferences. The WAC is most likely not going to be around much longer, be nice to have the option of completely breaking them up.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1

I would settle for not having a game in my dynasty freeze at halftime. Especially playing as Kansas. Pretty irritating to be up on say Bama at half, in road, and not be able to count it because the game locks at halftime start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
we did this when the feature was first announced, we shouldnt have do this on 13 to keep it exciting there should be new things that keep this game fresh. until they release the second patch to fix the zone defenses this game is not worth playing and by the time they do release the patch madden will be out and ncaa 13 will be obselete by then. it will be madden until next May for me.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

It be fun to make the old Southwest conference, but I have developed a tier based conference line up, I use the ratings page I found online to order the teams from best to last. I start with ACC and go down in alphabetical order to the WAC, 11 teams in each but ACC gets 12 and WAC gets 10. Makes the top conference more important with the only conference championship and allows teams to move up and down easily every two years. So top 12 teams in game are in ACC then the next 11 in Big 12 and so on.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I do a very simple version of the promotion/relegation idea.

If a team is abnormally high in the rankings, I move them up to a better conference, and replace them with the last place team in said conference.

I actually haven't had to do it yet in my dynasty, but in year 3, Houston is 8-0 so far and ranked #3, so after this year I will probably move them out of C-USA and into the Big 12
This is exactly what I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »