Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
When the shot clock is running down and there is less than a second to play your player will automatically throw up a quick shot with one arm. Mine went in with Ray Allen.

Sad to see they went the route of them telling us what to do when the shot clock is up.. Y cant we have control if we want to shoot it or not? Sometimes 2k goes overboard alot..

On replays your player is colored whereas all the other players are black and white – looked weird.

Plz 2kstop doing things that is not broken.. I hope to God they fixed the in game menu instead of the camera option while we are playing the game...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From Gamescom (via DaWolf)

Nice preview DaWolf!

Id like to get my hands on this or at least see it in motion. Im glad to hear that your only big complaint was the dribble stick, but only due to preference not that it was broken.

I kind of figured they would really make 2k13 a refined 2k12. im curious though, how was the rebounding? Was it similar to 2k11 or closer to 2k12 where it was sort of hit or miss? I ask because that was my biggest issue with 2k12...in 2k11 I was an animal on the boards, in the 2k12 I was just above average to good....I want to rebound like a mad man again!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
You know the next NBA 2k is around the corner when we something from DaWolf.

I'm all for quick release shots but automatically? Gonna have to experience it first hand but I don't know about this.
This is really wierd. So basically no posession will end up without a shot at the rim? That sounds silly.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

felt a very good connection when reading previews from one of us here at OS.......it just has a comforting feeling knowing that they are looking at the game with eyes of most of us here and can identify the game with a perspective that we here would appreciate over a reporter from a game sight

much appreciated DaWolf
Old 08-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Thanks, DaWolf - i appreciate your impressions every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
Rookie

3 ?'s..

1. Was there alot of putbacks like 2k12 cuz 2k12 was to many especially wit the thunder..

2. Is the heatcheckup,in game menu back during games like 2k11 n every gm before.. 2k12 instead had the change camera option which was terrible.

3. Is the fatigue system better? in 2k12 u can play an entire quarter witout having to sub in your players. They need it like 2k10 where it forced us to sub our players in..
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #23
Banned

Fly3's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
This is really wierd. So basically no posession will end up without a shot at the rim? That sounds silly.
When he said automatically, I think he meant if you choose to shoot with less than 1 sec. on the clock.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Nice preview DaWolf! I would have to admit that it's all we can ask for a Gamescon preview, given that in a 5 min demo, not much can be concluded.

Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »