Home

NBA Live 13: The Best Kept Secret in the Universe?

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13: The Best Kept Secret in the Universe? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #9

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 13: The Best Kept Secret in the Universe?

Saw this on the way out this morning...

Old 08-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
it is looking more and more likely that this game will be cancelled. Mid way through August and nothing has come from EA. Maybe they are waiting for the NHL 13 demo to release to switch their focus to Live but with the news 2k has been releasing lately (whether big or small) its going to be hard for EA and Live to build any sort of momentum and hype before release. This game would have to either WOW everyone or have a $20 price tag to get people interested.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Rookie

EllCee's Arena

OVR: 0
They probably are just going to "surprise" everyone with a slew of info next month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Makes me wonder if they set an internal date to have a finished product or else another cancellation. Doubt they want another Bynum going Jesus type thing.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
it is looking more and more likely that this game will be cancelled. Mid way through August and nothing has come from EA. Maybe they are waiting for the NHL 13 demo to release to switch their focus to Live but with the news 2k has been releasing lately (whether big or small) its going to be hard for EA and Live to build any sort of momentum and hype before release. This game would have to either WOW everyone or have a $20 price tag to get people interested.
The thing that is going to be tough for Live is that 2k has effectively everythign that live couldve offered to differentiate itself from its competitor. Outside of Online stability, im not sure what live has to offer (at this point) that would make people choose Live over 2k.

Ive heard mention of a physics system, 2k13 implements a physic system. International teams? Well 2k has the Dream team and Dream Team 2. Right stick dribbling, 2k has that now as well....On top of all of that 2k has a very solid foundation that is being improved upon all the time, Live has to start from scratch again!

Im hoping for Live to come back but Im not sure what they have to offer that will blow us away, at least this year. Unless it has some amazing physics, a brand new and revolutionary play style that just works and feels natural Im not sure it can stand any ground....at least initially. 3 years from now? Who knows, it could be a much better game than 2k
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
This is pretty funny. I just hope they come out with something average for their sake.
I hope so too, more basketball games is only a good thing

Old 08-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Something is telling me there gonna put out some kind of cheaper downloadable game maybe $30 or so just to not have this year be a total bust. Probably the baroness of what they have where you can play a season but not multiple seasons with no title updates just a roster update after the trade deadline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10

If this game doesn't come out I might cry. Not because I want Live, but because competition is healthy. I miss the days when the companies pushed each other to greatness. I'm not saying that 2K would put out a mediocre product, but if Live comes out and is halfway decent then it forces 2K to go above and beyond and vice versa.

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »