Home

NHL 13 Video - 8 Minutes of Gameplay with Associate Producer, Andy Agostini

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - 8 Minutes of Gameplay with Associate Producer, Andy Agostini within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: 8 minutes of gameplay from GC2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Still disappointed in the goal celebrations. It just zooms in on the goal scorer, then a couple individual players, then the high five line. I don't get why the group hug is not part of the goal celebration, come on EA, how do you not recognize that this has to be in the game
My thoughts exactly. This really bothers me for some reason. All they have to do is simply put back what they had in NHL 11.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #18
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

The AI sounds promising. I just played some BAP games in 2012 and the AI away from the puck is awful. Any improvement to that will be huge.

I put my preorder in for the Stanley Cup edition. I normally wait for the demo, but I was near the store an figured that the game has been great since '08 and has never let me down Never perfect, but always a ton of fun.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2

Looks solid. Looking forward to the demo, I always love how NHL gives deep demo's that have some re-play ability.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My thoughts exactly. This really bothers me for some reason. All they have to do is simply put back what they had in NHL 11.
I can see them adding hugs and the like going forward. I remember many people asking EA for real time presentation the last few years and moving away from the tired old cutscenes we've had forever. Now you want them to go back to cutscenes?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #21
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I can see them adding hugs and the like going forward. I remember many people asking EA for real time presentation the last few years and moving away from the tired old cutscenes we've had forever. Now you want them to go back to cutscenes?
No. What should happen (I've always said this) is that after a goal your teammates should all skate toward you with their hands in the air. If you want to pull a Theo Fleury and skate away from them as fast as you can and slide on the ice, you could do that too. But when your teammates get to you they should surround you and the team hug should initiate. From there it could go to a broadcast-type view. All done in real time. That's how it should be. But if its real time with the players standing their awkwardly and then them skating by the bench every single time OR a cut scene of a group hug that is different from time to time, I'll take the cut scene.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #22
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
No. What should happen (I've always said this) is that after a goal your teammates should all skate toward you with their hands in the air. If you want to pull a Theo Fleury and skate away from them as fast as you can and slide on the ice, you could do that too. But when your teammates get to you they should surround you and the team hug should initiate. From there it could go to a broadcast-type view. All done in real time. That's how it should be. But if its real time with the players standing their awkwardly and then them skating by the bench every single time OR a cut scene of a group hug that is different from time to time, I'll take the cut scene.
FIFA does this with a cutscene. When you score there is the manual celebration but if you wait for your players to come it goes into the cutscene of the player celebrating with his teammates. If you start running away from your team when you score, they continue to run towards you no matter what and it always ends in your teammates hugging the player and celebrating. That's exactly how NHL should be.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
What the hell is Fleury doing on the second goal? What NHL goalie goes paddle down when the D man has the puck at the blue line? Paddle down is for pucks that are around or near the crease. For god sakes EA this is so simple. All you have to do is watch a goalie in an NHL game and see what he does. I can guarantee you that the goalie is not going paddle down when the puck is at the blue line. That's mite crap. Fleury should have been on his feet trying to look for the puck around the players in front of him. Instead he goes paddle down to try and see past the screen and where his blocker would have been, it's not there and the puck goes in. I can see this happening if the puck is at the bottom of the circles or somewhere closer but not from that far away. If he just does a simple butterfly he would have even made the save. God that is just flipping aggravating.

I would love for goalies to make mistakes during the course of a game, but this mistake should never ever happen. No goalie does what Fleury did in that situation. Especially an NHL-er. You don't move your blocker to the ice to totally expose the top corner of the net when the puck is 64 ft away from you. I hate to bash this game already when I haven't even played it but when something as dumb as this is in the game it is so easy to do it. Fixed the goalies my butt. I couldn't even watch the rest of the video after that happened.
I believe the puck was deflected and the original shot from Pronger was going five hole, hence why Fleury had his paddle down. I'm not 100% sure and to be honest I'm not a huge hockey guru, but that's what it looks like to me.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
FIFA does this with a cutscene. When you score there is the manual celebration but if you wait for your players to come it goes into the cutscene of the player celebrating with his teammates. If you start running away from your team when you score, they continue to run towards you no matter what and it always ends in your teammates hugging the player and celebrating. That's exactly how NHL should be.
Yep. This is exactly how it should be.

Streaming on Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »