Home

NHL 13 Ratings - Eastern Conference Player and Team Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Ratings - Eastern Conference Player and Team Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 Ratings - Eastern Conference Player and Team Ratings

Mathieu Perreault has been in the league for a few years now...and EA misspells his name? Seriously?

Hopefully that's just a typo on the graphic.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #18
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

The Islanders are sure looking rating wise, like a fun team to try to built up.

I'm hoping to see tomorrow, that there's some decent ratings separation for our Wild players.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:24 AM   #19
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
The Islanders are sure looking rating wise, like a fun team to try to built up.

I'm hoping to see tomorrow, that there's some decent ratings separation for our Wild players.
Fully agree. I think that after our first line and 2 second line players there should be a dramatic drop off. I'd say Koivu (85) Parise (85) Heatley(82) Seto (80) Butch (High 70's-80 because of injury) and from there on should be all mid to low 70's. Defensively I think Suter should be about an 87 and there really shouldn't be another D man in the 80's. Maybe Gilbert in the low 80's but that's all. I do think Backs should be an 84ish though. He's a very consistent tender despite getting injured. People will probably disagree but when Backs is healthy he's a top 7 goalie in the NHL. He's very underrated but that's because he's so injury prone that people aren't exposed to him. The good thing is that Hards will be one of the highest rated backup goalies. Boy our goalies get the injury bug a lot. I love our duo though. I'm really happy Harding resigned, and he must absolutely love MN because he definitely could be a starter on some other teams in the NHL.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

So far it looks pretty good and EA is on the right track with the ratings .......but as always they have a few head scratchers!

I've only looked at a few teams so far and my first impressions is that the forwards seem pretty good....but defenseman are a little overrated? Not sure if people agree or not.

How is Justin Faulk and Adam Larsson a 84? They just started last year and had only like 20 points or something. You cant have Karlsson being a 86 and both of them a 84! Also, there is also a lot of defenseman in the 80's that shouldn't be....Adam McQuaid, for example......but it shouldnt take too much work to fix.

As for goalies they probably need a little work but not too bad...

Bryzgalov and Vokoun are overratted - both should be around 85
Brodeur only a 82.....maybe bump up to 84 or 85
DiPietro a 81! wow.....maybe 78 at best! with 44 durability.

All in all it is better than last year.....also, hopefully they got rid of the stupid 75 poise thing where the player would get a 3 point overall jump.....
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 13

Apparently EA didn't watch how effective the Devils D were in the playoffs. Disappointing to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
now my worries is that player differentiation (ratings) is there but how will this translate to the game PLUS if there are really difference between ratings of players...this should also reflect on TEAM ratings right???

Let's just talk about Boston and Buffalo...their goalie ratings:

Buffalo 4.5 rating: Miller 92 and Enroth 77
Boston 4.5 rating: Rask 83 and Khudobin 72

how can these 2 teams have the same 4.5 rating???? okay if you take average of the 2 goalies..Boston is 77.5 and Buffalo is 84.5.... and they are the same??? the only explanation is that if EA range of 4.5 is between 75-85??but again thats not even close in reality. at least make 1 rating point difference for every 10 points (average).

is ea trying not to offend teams of nhl by doing this????
bitter canucks fans still trying to take shots at boston anyway they can i see, don't worry i'm sure schneider and luongo will be overrated in goalie team rating as well as their overall player rating
Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #23
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by scala42
bitter canucks fans still trying to take shots at boston anyway they can i see, don't worry i'm sure schneider and luongo will be overrated in goalie team rating as well as their overall player rating
was i really bitter about boston??? really???? or are you interpreting based on ur biased opinion and without considering the text of what i just said and facts about the rating????

what im trying to say is about the ratings dude not because canucks lost to boston. the gap is so close or even tied in this matter.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kreider 68, Rupp 76, seriously? sure, Rupp is a good "in your face" player in a checking line, did they miss the playoff when Kreider sometimes was outstanding, also, Hags is abit low to. Other than that most of it feels atleast ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »