Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers in Heavy Snow (TSO)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers in Heavy Snow (TSO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #17

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers in Heavy Snow (TSO)

I liked the momentum interaction there on the interception where teammates collided and physics played a real factor. Things look good.

Obviously you can switch settings, but that game looked way too fast. Also, they have got to do something about that synchronized motion players do at the end of a play where they quickly step-jump to the side to avoid contact. It is used far too often and looks terrible when two players do it side by side at the same time. I'm sure they see these things and will try to polish it.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #18
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers in Heavy Snow (TSO)

* Tackling looks a lot more "reliable" than in the demo. I wonder if it'll be that way on All-Madden?

* I still have yet to see the right end get a sack in any of these videos, but the way McCellin and Peppers were working back on the last play once they were engaged didn't look bad. It just played out way too slowly, and it looks like Peppers should have broken free once he got his arm over.

* Looks like the spin move will be the choice de jour of the ball carriers this year; like how the hurdle was the default super move a few years ago.

* If those aren't the away pants the Bears are wearing in real life then I think that's a serious issue when it comes to immersion, because if you are playing against the Bears and they are on the road, there's no way you can change them to the correct ones.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Rookie

DaBlackGoku's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
So I'm assuming that every divisional game they will refer to the teams as 'they' instead having specific divisional rivalry talk. I mean seriously, the Packers-Bears have been a long time rivalry and yet there is nothing specific about how the Bears are trying to overcome the Packers, or and how much of a storied history they have. Also, EA needs to find a way to where if the player skips the cut scene of the QB coming out, that commentary stops so it can pick up where it is on the field. Like Phil still talking about Rodgers as the play occurred?
This is the second time they've had a Packers vs Bears game, on the first one (the VERY early build from months ago) it was specific on the rivalry. It talked about the NFC Championship game from 2010, the 90+ years of bad blood, and the fact that the two teams lead the NFL in Championship titles. So yeah, I'm pretty sure the rivalries will be very specific, especially long standing ones like Bears vs Packers.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Well at least to me the physics looks tighter than in the demo which is a good sign. Bit of a letdown though that Nantz and Simms did not discuss the history of the Pack-Bears rivalry at least not to my liking anyway.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #21
Rookie

Honestly im totally disghusted in the way the field looks. Its the same ol field as every year in madden I refer to the actual NFL who "last time I checked has heat sensors under the field" And furthermore where's the variation from playing in snow to playing in heat? Let me answer this one there is none! This game has its areas of greatness "where at i cant see at this moment because i do not have the full edition" but all in all its going to probally and I emphisize (spell check... lol) on probally going to be a bust! I played the demo i still see people running through the stadium after a score! I still see a heat sensor less field commentary still making basic mistakes judging on what the hell is going on, on the field! But honestly with all this said im still getting this game because I love the NFL who's core is all about competition! Which is why i cannot understand why they prevent competition from other gaming compaines from making NFL games. But since its a monoply I have to pay 60 bucks to GET PASS GO! thx for reading IM OUT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
Rookie

Well at least to me the physics looks tighter than in the demo which is a good sign. Bit of a letdown though that Nantz and Simms did not discuss the history of the Pack-Bears rivalry at least not to my liking anyway.

And i didnt hear them say anything about the snow either! WTF Madden Team!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

This right here is an example of why I don't like icon passing. The second Jay Cutler "pressed X" the Packers player started run and made a quick catch to pick it off.

I like how there was a collision but it looked awkward to me IMO. So did the run play after.

This is another example of why I don't like icon passing, and even the Total Control Passing. There, the player pressed "B", but he had no control of how far he wanted to throw it. Which is why whenever a QB overthrows in Madden it feels scripted to me sometimes.

And last, look carefully at "Y" on this play. You see how the defender seemed to know he was doing an out route before the receiver in completed it and even the defender was playing zone? That's the problem between the CPU zone coverage and the user zone coverage. The CPU Zone at certain times seems to know what your doing before the play, compared to how when the user does zone, everybody just stands in area without really moving, even if the receiver is running a curl route and he's right near him.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

* If those aren't the away pants the Bears are wearing in real life then I think that's a serious issue when it comes to immersion, because if you are playing against the Bears and they are on the road, there's no way you can change them to the correct ones.
Wait. What do you mean by there's no way to change them? We've always been able to pick what each team wears.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »