Home

NHL 13 Ratings - Western Conference Player and Team Ratings

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Ratings - Western Conference Player and Team Ratings within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 Ratings - Western Conference Player and Team Ratings

Puck Daddy has posted the NHL 13 team and player ratings for the Western Conference.

In case you missed them.
Quote:
How are the NHL 13 player ratings different from NHL 12?

EA: Last year, overall ratings reflected a player's effectiveness based on their player type (ex. Sniper, Enforcer, Grinder, etc.). NHL 13 Overall ratings are based on a player's overall skill based on their position.

Why the change?

EA: It was a fan-requested change that ensured that overall ratings were more representative of a players skill level in real life. A players who is 90+ will feel drastically different than one who is rated 65.

Examples: NHL 12 Parros was an 81 as his rating was based on his player type — enforcer, meaning that he was an above average enforcer. In NHL 13 Parros is an 69 overall based on his skill level as a forward. Chris Neil was an 82 (Grinder) last year, this year he's a 78. With this new overall ratings system, his rating didn't drop as significantly as Parros because he's still a skilled player who can check and score effectively.

For team ratings:

"We changed the team overalls for continuity. If you look at our 'potential' rating system and how we break down the each of the six skill ratings, it is all star based and we wanted to be consistent."

Your thoughts?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Ratings - Western Conference Player and Team Ratings

Wow, these ratings are bad. Based on position? So Zybnek Michalek(86!!) is better than Keith Yandle(83!)? I hope it all turns out better, because some players overalls are way lower than other players who should be reversed.

Whoa, didn't expect Edler to be an 88, although I'd say he's good for 85-86.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

besides one two points either way on some players I like the over ratings in the west a lot more then the east
Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

MFarrer74's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaziruku
Wow, these ratings are bad. Based on position? So Zybnek Michalek(86!!) is better than Keith Yandle(83!)? I hope it all turns out better, because some players overalls are way lower than other players who should be reversed.

Whoa, didn't expect Edler to be an 88, although I'd say he's good for 85-86.
Just because a player is a higher overall, doesn't necessarily mean that player is "better", its just that they have high stats in there respective position. Yandle is an offensive/two-way defensemen while Michalek is a defensive defensemen, thus his overall would be higher since they both play defense. I'm sure Michalek's speed, agility, acceleration, etc. that affect offense are much lower compared to Yandle
Old 08-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Yikes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Myself...I think some of the ratings given are a bit generous for some of the players.

For our Wild...jmo but...

Kyle B. [80]] should be maybe [75]

Matt C. [80] should be maybe [78]

Danny H. [85] should be maybe [82]

Just a few examples.

Last edited by Vikes1; 08-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i dont really understand how EA based their ratings for individual players and TEAM (are they not supposed to based this on average of the players in the team ex. goalies).

i guess i have to wait on people who will devote their time in correcting these ratings...instead of using these sliders (i cannot even think of decent word to describe the effort of the person/people responsible for EA).
Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

ClarkKent's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, these are really bad. I've edited every player for as long as it's been an option(I enjoy it anyway), but for online it's going to be rough.

LA's D got majorly shafted, Vancouver & Calgary seemed boosted. How Matt Stajan is an 82+ again despite being terrible and usually benched or on the 4th line.

And the team ratings. Do they not want to offend anybody? No separation, how Detroit is tied for tops on defense baffles me. We're terrible back there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »