Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Live Draft in Connected Careers Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Live Draft in Connected Careers Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 13 LIVE Draft sample

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I don't get this....why does it have to be "it does not make sense".

What if this TE becomes the next Antonio Gates or Rob Gronkowski

What if this WR becomes the next Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson.

Jeez.

The NFL has had a major shift to the passing game and having elite players at WR and TE is more important than ever in this now vertical pass happy league.
i dont have a problem with a wr going #1.. we dont know anything about the draft so like you said he could be a calvin johsnon type player.. i think its more of the logic of the team who drafted him.. the cowboys have 2 good young wrs.

a te #2 tho.. i think only a few have been taken in the top 10 and a wr and te going 1 and 2 is really really unlikely
Old 08-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Only twice in NFL history has a wide receiver been taken 1st overall and I don't think a tight end has ever been taken 2nd overall. So for both of those two happen in one year is extremely unrealistic based on the NFL history. It just isn't logical...
There's a first for everything. Right?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
i dont have a problem with a wr going #1.. we dont know anything about the draft so like you said he could be a calvin johsnon type player.. i think its more of the logic of the team who drafted him.. the cowboys have 2 good young wrs.

a te #2 tho.. i think only a few have been taken in the top 10 and a wr and te going 1 and 2 is really really unlikely

My thoughts exactly. Dal taking a WR #1 just doesn't make sense. I also saw Buf draft another RB? They have way more holes to fill than that.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
There's a first for everything. Right?
If these things aren't taken notice of it won't get fixed. That is why it must be pointed out for the benefit of the game and for us. As someone also mentioned why is Dallas taking a wide receiver first overall anyways?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Killin me smalls..

What is more important is that the draft is MUCH more immersive. Besides a WR and TE going 1 and 2 is in the realm of possibility now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #22
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
If these things aren't taken notice of it won't get fixed. That is why it must be pointed out for the benefit of the game and for us. As someone also mentioned why is Dallas taking a wide receiver first overall anyways?
Because outside of Dez, Witten & Austin, they have nobody.
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Too many people making judgements without knowing anything lol. How do you know that these players weren't scouted a lot and after scouting, they look like Calvin Johnson (for wr) and Adrian Peterson (for the RB). Even if you have bigger holes to fill, some teams won't pass up on those can't miss guys. I wouldn't.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Quote:
How do you know that WR was scouted and looked like the next Calvin Johnson? (as I already said). You don't. But if he looks like the next Calvin and he's the best available maybe you still take him. Maybe you don't. I can see either way. Some teams draft for need and some go for best available on board. And sometimes, there are guys you just can't pass on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »