Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Another One From Gamescom

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Another One From Gamescom within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Another One From Gamescom

I started cracking up when Perkins got the ball at the top of the key and started doing jab steps like he was about to do something nice lol
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

On a positive note: The feedback from Team Up about the fluidity of animations is showing in the videos. The transition from animation to animation was very herky-jerky in 2K12, especially for CPU controlled players, and that doesn't seem to be as big of a problem in 2K13.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #19
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Maybe it's the lighting of the video, but Wade looked a bit off.

Other than that, I'm not sure what to take from this video other than points can be scored in 2K12 and there are still players in the game.
Wade is definitely off, i tweeted Beluba about it saying they need to fix him cuz he's never looked spot on in any NBA2K... closest was 2K9 imo. He looks too tall and his body is not the right type. I see what people are say when freaking Thabo looks way more spot on than D-Wade..shouldn't be.

Edit* After watching the video again, i think it's the wrong type of beard and super dark/thick hair that makes him look off. D-Wade always has a wave/brush cut. He also still looks ways too tall and neck is too long. I don't think they will ever get the right type of player models bodies for guy's like D-Wade and OJ Mayo that are not that tall, but are kind of stocky.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 08-19-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #20
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Every single video I've seen from Gamescom the CPU looks like it's playing street ball. Not seeing play execution, ball handlers are dribbling from one basket to another without pulling back and setting the offense, and anybody and seemingly everybody feels like they should bring the ball up and push transition offense.

Maybe it's just because play calling isn't in the build (based on comments from people who went to speak with 2K/VC) so judgment should probably be reserved but I can't see how this is getting so little attention in these threads. Ooh, a crossover. Ooh, a dunk. Ooh, right stick controls. Really? That's what Sim-Nation is focused on?
2k has stated that this is a old build, the same build the team up members played. But I agree with you, and most likely the game will need tweaking.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #21
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4
All what I saw from gamescon, they are not able to play.. Hate this stupid pick and shoot game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #22
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
All what I saw from gamescon, they are not able to play.. Hate this stupid pick and shoot game..
What do you mean by that??
Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
@ the_ throne2k11 wade is a bit off an shane looks to tall he looks like a center ... other then that the game looks like it moving real smooth an fluid by the time it ships it should be a lil better then what we are seeing now .... this is not even the version of the demo we will get some time next month
Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #24
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Every single video I've seen from Gamescom the CPU looks like it's playing street ball. Not seeing play execution, ball handlers are dribbling from one basket to another without pulling back and setting the offense, and anybody and seemingly everybody feels like they should bring the ball up and push transition offense.

Maybe it's just because play calling isn't in the build (based on comments from people who went to speak with 2K/VC) so judgment should probably be reserved but I can't see how this is getting so little attention in these threads. Ooh, a crossover. Ooh, a dunk. Ooh, right stick controls. Really? That's what Sim-Nation is focused on?

I find myself more and more feeling like 2k13 maybe will be taking a step back from the sim focus. I was a huge 2k12 supporter even after 11, and just loved it because it was so deep and intricate and the hardest 2k I had played going way back to 2k2. Call 2k12 what you will and most of you have, it was a genuinely difficult game and very rewarding after time. sometimes a long time..lol

If plays aren't coded into CPU AI then that could be an issue. And this game looked somewhat awkward and erratic.

Last edited by Hehmke22; 08-19-2012 at 02:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »