Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

And what was the argument for keeping that in? I can't see any logical reason why a user controlled player should get automatically crossed if the user didn't bite on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Really hope the sliding animation when you go the wrong way on d isn't triggered out of the defenders control. It should only happen if you're pressing R2+ L2 while pressing D and you shift the wrong way.

Also, for the dribbling moves, I hope 2k recognizes that the NBA isn't street ball. No one "crosses" defenders just to get by them using intricate moves (only Chris Paul, Deron and Jamal do this occasionally). Most of it is a quick side to side crossover move or an in and out (think Dwyane Wade when he fakes going through a screen)

We shouldn't need to cross a player over using street ball moves just to get by them. I hope that if you try to hard to pull off fancy stuff that you lose the ball 50% of the time because in real life people are t getting dropped every offensive possession
Yeah. They said that if you dribble too much, you may lose control of the ball. And they also said it won't be an And 1 Mixtape as far as the Control Stick goes.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

i hope the defenses like miami, chicago and boston has better help defense in nba 2k13. Because thats what really keeps ball handler from going to the rim. also i heard that in the demo, that boxing out is still not happening. hope that changes in the retail.

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #28
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
i hope the defenses like miami, chicago and boston has better help defense in nba 2k13. Because thats what really keeps ball handler from going to the rim. but i heard that in the demo, that boxing out is still not happening. hope that changes in the retail.
Help defense is fixed. Last year the AI couldn't factor in which way the dribbler would drive and where help should come from. This year the AI can recognize if a player drives middle or basing so you will see the proper rotations. I am not sure how the rotations work on double teams though and if players rotate properly or not?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
And what was the argument for keeping that in? I can't see any logical reason why a user controlled player should get automatically crossed if the user didn't bite on it.
Maybe it's supposed to be a contextual type thing; similar to that whole steal animation where the offensive player puts the ball through his legs as you go whizzing by like an idiot.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #30
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTeezy
And letting players dunk on you chestnuts style even if you pressed Y was the most infuriating
You have to jump early to avoid getting auto-dunked on. If it seems counter intuitive that's because it is, but in 2k12 your block height is pretty big so you'll get a block every now and again anyway.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #31
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i always just used to default settings...i never messed with the defensive assistance level...what was the default level for it?
Default is at 50 Blues. That's why it feels like half the time your player is moving when you don't want them too or they may auto react to the offensive player. Putting DA at zero gives you complete control of the defender but makes it much harder to play one on one d. Zero is where I have DA.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I get more excited with each video release.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »