Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #41
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Shot Blocking, Passing, Rebounding, & Speed (Chris Smoove)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I say the same thing about people who play off ball D almost exclusively. People should have to guard the ball handler or suffer the consequences of the cpu more easily getting beat off dribble(unless a zone is being played). That most likely won't happen though. 2k is just trying to help out those less skilled in the subtle natures of playing D but it doesn't stop you from putting the DA at zero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I dont know, me personally, ive never had the CPU attempt a steal or block on my behalf in 2k12...

I don't agree here, I love protecting the rim with my center/ rebounding...I think your teammate AI should at least be competent enough to defend on their own if you decide to play that way....
Are you guys talking about vs CPU or vs User?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I dont know, me personally, ive never had the CPU attempt a steal or block on my behalf in 2k12...

I don't agree here, I love protecting the rim with my center/ rebounding...I think your teammate AI should at least be competent enough to defend on their own if you decide to play that way....
I agree on the teammate AI. I hope that they are more smarter when it comes to defending perimeter players off the ball. Last year, they tended to sag off too much then try to help another teammate then gave up easy buckets.
I just hope they play tighter when it is a good shooter because they sagged off if they had a high enough drive tendency.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Are you guys talking about vs CPU or vs User?
I'm talking primarily user vs. user iLL. People can play how they want vs. the cpu as that's not my concern. People can play how they want against a user too I just like going head to head against a user -I D them up they D me up

Mean no disrespect to those who don't feel the same.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #44
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm talking primarily user vs. user iLL. People can play how they want vs. the cpu as that's not my concern. People can play how they want against a user too I just like going head to head against a user -I D them up they D me up

Mean no disrespect to those who don't feel the same.
Yeah that's why i wanted clarification. I didn't know if 24th & illwill were speaking on the same thing.

Me personally I change defenders constantly. By default I play on ball, but I hate how guys in 2k12 always get caught on screens so i'm constantly switching defenders whenever I see a screen about to happen.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #45
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yeah that's why i wanted clarification. I didn't know if 24th & illwill were speaking on the same thing.

Me personally I change defenders constantly. By default I play on ball, but I hate how guys in 2k12 always get caught on screens so i'm constantly switching defenders whenever I see a screen about to happen.
yeah, there are certain times when you almost have to switch defenders since you can't always trust your AI teammates to rotate properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't wait till it comes out!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I am mainly talking about CPU vs CPU. I didnt like that even good/great defender would sag off if a player had high enough drive tendency. Hopefully they play tighter. Mainly because they would try to help out and leave players WIDE open
Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #48
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Smoove is great, good video.

Also, something I would love to see changed (which you can see in this video). Is that when you own a team (CPU) and the point difference is +10-20 they start to play fullcourt defense but I just blast by them and score easy lay-ups/dunks or wide open shots.

I hope the defense is/has been improved. Because that just makes it too easy. And when I play association (12 min quarters) and I have a few blowouts vs several teams I don't want to play like that. I want a team to actually try and play decent defense. Maybe let a guard defend me full court but not every player.
You could, you know, walk the ball up and set your offense instead of blowing by the full-court press. But I agree, it's too easy to exploit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »