Home

Top 10 Gameplay Changes & Top 5 Adjustments Needed For NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012)

This is a discussion on Top 10 Gameplay Changes & Top 5 Adjustments Needed For NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Top 10 Gameplay Changes & Top 5 Adjustments Needed For NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012)

Shakedown you nailed some really valid points. The most noticeable one was when the guards take off with the slight hesitation. The one the I would add to your list.....release the game a few weeks earlier.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top 10 Gameplay Changes & Top 5 Adjustments Needed For NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012)

Hey does anyone know if the Team Up members were told if 2k13 was addressing the 'scripted gameplay' in 2k12?
This is a major gripe for me in My Player mode when you have times were it seems everything is against you and the opposing team seem to hit every shot.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
I'm glad that the speed issue has been fixed, I always hated seeing PG's get chased down by bigs on fast breaks.

What I'm worried about is that in your second video you address the annoying issue of dribbling with the ball and hitting the turbo button just to do that slow down animation. I pray this is fixed as this issue is so unrealisitic while dribbling. I understand that some players do infact put the ball a little bit infront of them when they dribble but not everyone automatically slows down during the process.
yeah, i hate that delay to the sprinting...i don't know why that's still in the game this year. it must be somehow tied to the locomotion and is therefore difficult to fix...otherwise they would've removed it by now. it makes the player feel so unresponsive when every time you go to sprint he has a hitch to his movement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I didn't notice any delay to sprinting. I looked at some video of casuals that I didn't post that just took off every time and it didn't look like they had any delay either. I didn't see delay and they didn't notice a random guy flopping away from the ball lol. Even in his video at the 2:48 mark I didn't see any hesitation after the Durant steal.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yeah, i hate that delay to the sprinting...i don't know why that's still in the game this year. it must be somehow tied to the locomotion and is therefore difficult to fix...otherwise they would've removed it by now. it makes the player feel so unresponsive when every time you go to sprint he has a hitch to his movement.
Exactly, this isn't a hidden issue, we the fans have addressed it often, the team-up crew dislikes it lol I mean it must be hard to fix that is really the only thing I can think of as to why this hasn't been fixed yet.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conda
Yes, 2K; Please compliment your beautiful blocked shots, ball deflections, and devastating rejections with the appropriate sound effects. Pretty please?? 😍
I know they were going to send an email over to the audio team. Also, we did hear a ball "block" sound after Shake was talking about it. Either way, I'll also try to follow up the suggestion with the audio team this week.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I know they were going to send an email over to the audio team. Also, we did hear a ball "block" sound after Shake was talking about it. Either way, I'll also try to follow up the suggestion with the audio team this week.
Honest question, what sound does a blocked shot make unless its against the backboard? Also, shouldn't the announcer say something (especially if its a monster block) that would eliminate the 'sound' of the block? Or maybe have player chatter be a bit louder (even on TV broadcast) and we can hear the player scream or say something like 'Get that outta here!'? Not sure if they can get that in or not -- #IJS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
That sounds awesome! A few varieties would be the icing on the cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »