Home

PES 2013 Features 150 Licensed Teams

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Features 150 Licensed Teams within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PES 2013 Features 150 Licensed Teams

Soccer's Top Club Competition Renewed for PES 2013 and Beyond as Additional In-Game Licenses Revealed

Konami Digital Entertainment Inc., announced it has extended its exclusive agreement with UEFA for the use of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League competitions in its Pro Evolution Soccer series.

The publisher has also bolstered various licences for use within its forthcoming PES 2013 title, with the Spanish league licensed in its entirety, while all the clubs from Italy's highest league are also included. KONAMI has also sourced individual agreements with Manchester United, Bayern Munich, FC Porto, AEK Athens, Galatasaray Istanbul, Shahktar Donetsk, FC Kopenhagen, Zenit St Petersburg, CSKA Moscow, RSC Anderlecht, Dinamo Kyiv and Dinamo Zagreb among many others. Overall, 150 licensed teams are now available, with 17 more licensed national squads added, including the likes of England, Italy, Germany and France. Details on additional licences will follow.

"We are thrilled to continue our relationship with UEFA to bring The UEFA Champions League back to PES 2013 exclusively," said George Richard, Vice President Sales & Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment. "As PES 2013 continues to innovate with new gameplay features, such as PES FullControl (FC), it's important to align ourselves with the most respected club competition in the world and allow players to showcase their individuality on the biggest stage."

PES 2013 will be available in retail stores nationwide this September on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), Wii™ and Nintendo 3DS™ will be released later in the fall.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
While still not as many licensed teams as FIFA, this is great news for PES fans. I'm really enjoying the demo and had no idea this was coming out in September. I can't wait to pick this one up.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Konami's going all out on the effort this year. Sounds very positive!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Great to hear!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I believe FIFA is the superior game now, but I still played over a hundred PES 12 matches last year because the Master League, "Football Life," mode is so much fun. It's both products for me this year and while I do see playing more FIFA 13 than I did FIFA 12, PES will probably still get the most play time of the two. I'm really glad to see the fresh approach to the product and the extra licenses slowing making their way into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2013 Features 150 Licensed Teams

Good to hear this. Although thanks to the mods for me this has never been a problem. Even got to play with the league from my home country... looking forward to that league again
Old 08-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Assuming Konami still has the rights of the other leagues that they had last year and with the teams they say they have licenced 131 teams, I'm quite sure they also have River Plate again so that would be 132 teams. I don't know if they have the Brazilian teams licensed or not but they have the teams in the Gamescom build so that would be 14 more teams (they already have 6 teams in Copa Libertadores), with that in count the number of licensed teams would be 146 with only 4 teams left which wouldn't make much sense because last year they had 29 other European teams licensed (10 have been anounced so far).

About licensed national squads, when they say 17 do they mean that there are 17 licensed nations or that there will be 17 new nations that are licensed. I was thinking about the last one but it makes no sense to mention nations that already had it. If that's the case then in worries me in some way because last year they had 19.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
About licensed national squads, when they say 17 do they mean that there are 17 licensed nations or that there will be 17 new nations that are licensed. I was thinking about the last one but it makes no sense to mention nations that already had it. If that's the case then in worries me in some way because last year they had 19.
Well it says 17 [bold]more[/bold] licensed national teams so maybe more on what they had last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »