Home

NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smoove)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smoove) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smo

according to my sources a lot more sliders etc will be added to make the realism of online play relevant in offline and vice versa....less catering to the noob cheeser my man tells me....but they say that every year....tho the cpu AI offline was great this past year....me and my boy play a season as PG and SG in preferred position, and it is easily the best way to enjoy REAL basketball..****n as lakers run a semi triangle offense and it is the most enjoyable I have ever had in a basketball videogame...been doing it since 2k9 and 2k12 was the best ai wise minus the stupid basket cutting by bigs...the 2k13 I played showed an even higher ai and was much more fun and real than 2k12, which was pretty damn good.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #10
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders, & Pick N Roll

Some good pieces of info in that. I REALLY like being able to follow shots. I hope this means we'll see long rebounds on 3pters. Very unrealistic how all long shots are short boards when they're dead breaks. If it rattles a bit, sure, But clanging off the back iron and floating in the air a bit? Not how things roll.

Being able to body up on players the moment they catch the rock? That's gonna be REAL nice when going against players you want to keep from shooting 3s. Allows you more on ball options and adds extra incentive to play on ball D.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2K13 Impressions Part 2 - A.I. Behavior, New Sliders & Pick N Roll (Chris Smo

I cant wait to try out the new PNR. With the way how he said Perkins set picks, I will want to have a big man with the Brick Wall skill.

Glad to see more Sliders and smarter AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
Rookie

nice to hear more good news about 2k13 ..its funny tho all these good things that we are hearing about the game ...it makes the 2k12 thats playing in the back ground look that much more worst ... i cant even play 2k12 anymore ...
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #13
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR Anderson310
nice to hear more good news about 2k13 ..its funny tho all these good things that we are hearing about the game ...it makes the 2k12 thats playing in the back ground look that much more worst ... i cant even play 2k12 anymore ...
Hahaha I'm starting to feel that way too. I just hope they allow us to use these sliders in My Player.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Hahaha I'm starting to feel that way too. I just hope they allow us to use these sliders in My Player.
Totally agree! The game play in my player was the worst and they didn't allow us to adjust it. In my player no matter what difficulty you play it on, the CPU doesn't miss any open looks. Can't stand that! The up and unders they do? Don't even get me started in that. Game sliders in my player will be genius! Good call. Hopefully this time sliders are available in my player too.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8
"three new sliders". LOL. Let's be serious. The sliders they already have don't work like they should. All you need to do is go to the sliders forum in 2K to see some dedicated guys there ADMITTING that this slider doesn't work right, or that there is confusion as to what that slider is supposed to do. The biggest issue that isn't being addressed (probably for good reason) is the AI's ability to run plays. I don't think the guy who did this video even talked about it. He did say that the AI doesn't wait until the last second to throw up a shot like last year's version, but he wasn't correct in his statement. The issue with last year's (and every year before that, and probably this year, too) was that the AI DOESN'T RUN PLAYS, so all you have to do is constantly switch your defender to the AI player with the ball, and there won't be a shot attempt (until the last second). It wasn't that the AI was "trying" to shoot the ball at the last second, it was that it couldn't "find" a shot (because it doesn't run plays to create a shot) until the last second when it threw up a prayer. That's not realistic. In real life, offense doesn't work like that. You run plays to SET UP a shot. You don't just stand there and pass it around the perimeter (or even a little in and out) to play keep away. In watching this video I also notice that the animation of a player posting up isn't very good. It's like the player pivots on a dime, from facing his basket to facing the opposite one. What is up with the excitement over the ability to "follow your own shot"? Following your own shot is just something you try (if you're not lazy or completely out of shape) in real life in basketball. Getting hyped over such a "feature"is silly. It is like saying "now you have the ability to just run the other way up the court instead of fighting for the rebound." In other words, why a basketball game NOT allow someone to follow their own shot?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 3

"Kevin Garnett is going to have the illegal screen ability"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »