Home

The Top 20 Things To Look For in NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012)

This is a discussion on The Top 20 Things To Look For in NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Top 20 things to look for in NBA 2K13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl

A cool thing would be, but this is VERY speculative, is full college integration, where you start on a college level and play your way into the NBA, including the Olympic games every four years.

That's just speculation though and it wouldn't be considered a new mode per say.

I'm pretty positive that the new mode will not be THAT impressive. You can come back to me in 1.5 month when the game is finally released. 2K is good at hyping.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #18
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: The Top 20 Things To Look For in NBA 2K13 (Shakedown2012)

From what I've been reading on multiple forums, they don't need a new mode -- they need to fix an old mode and bring it back. #CrewLove
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Everything sounds great. Aside from crisper passes, they seemed to have addressed all the major concerns. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I'm hoping the defensive improvements & physics will help me against friends that use the entire shot clock trying to get to the lane with the LeBrons & Roses of the league.

I wonder how the physics, animations & AI work on traps & double teams.

As an association mode guy, I hope this new mode is related. I'm not into My Player or Crew and probably wouldn't like anything similar.

I chuckled at the dunk contest being fun. I guess if you're into the Guitar Hero type controls, it'll be a blast. I will avoid it at all cost unless they make a last second decision to change the controls. Personally, I wish they had just built on the in-game dunk controls for the contest.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

A mode better than My Player? That makes it sound like it's something else entirely. I'm gonna guess some kind of GM or Ownership mode. Let you do more micromanaging of the franchise and player movement. Could be real fun if executed right. But that might not be it either. No matter. They'll announce it in time.

Anywho. Great stuff. Can't wait to see that My Player AI in action. All I need to hear is that coaching AI will use some actual sense, i.e not subbing you into games seconds before the end of quarters, having the same time out schedule where the moment you sub in and someone scores it's a timeout, whoever is down big does nothing but full court press, etc. I'll be gangsta till 2K14 comes out.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Find the guy with no head at 9:22.

Good video, I didn't see that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe the new mode is some type of "my coach" or something? I could see that being fun if implemented correctly.You start your career picking a team from the d league to coach and You make your playbook, rotations, and so on. U make the calls from the sidelines while watching the game from a view similar to the bench cam from my player (or u can change it).

You can also make practice days and what your team will do during practice. Players could come to you outside of games as well with problems they have or just to talk. This type of mode could be very addicting imo
Old 08-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #23
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonRondo9Celtics
Maybe the new mode is some type of "my coach" or something? I could see that being fun if implemented correctly.You start your career picking a team from the d league to coach and You make your playbook, rotations, and so on. U make the calls from the sidelines while watching the game from a view similar to the bench cam from my player (or u can change it).

You can also make practice days and what your team will do during practice. Players could come to you outside of games as well with problems they have or just to talk. This type of mode could be very addicting imo
And it will come with a mycoach pillow and throw for when you pass out from boredom. J/k Sounds cool.

It will probably be a sort of evolution of crew, with a legit season online maybe
Old 08-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
Rookie

Rain816's Arena

OVR: 2

new mode better then myplayer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »