Home

Another NBA 2K13 Video From Gamescom Has Arrived

This is a discussion on Another NBA 2K13 Video From Gamescom Has Arrived within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Another NBA 2K13 Video From Gamescom Has Arrived

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2k13*(Gamescom) **GAMEPLAY**

new to me, the guy playing seems pretty apt at 2k. You can tell when he gets the Turnover with LeBron that having r-stick as dribble is strange at first as he crosses over instead of finishing.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is probably the best gameplay video i have seen.
I wish the people playing them would try out the new features though.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

New gameplay to me too. Best quality so far.

LBJ does a wierd teleportation move at 0.43

I don't wana sound like I'am only pointing negatives, the gameplay looks pretty good, but isn't the AI magically recovering and using full speed burst at 1.28 to stay on Battier after the pumpfake?

Last edited by Vni; 08-21-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

I don't wana sound like I'am only pointing negatives, the gameplay looks pretty good, but isn't the AI magically recovering and using full speed burst at 1.28 to stay on Battier after the pumpfake?

When a game could be this good, and looks as close to a real nba game as we've seen so far its hard to NOT notice things like LeBron at :43.
I think this is a result of a physics miscalculation( of which i expect there to be quite a few for 2k's first foray into Real time Physics).

The defense you pointed out at 1:28 seemed mostly legit to me, Ibaka is not off balance when he steps up to Battier and if you freeze it when Ibaka puts his right hand up you can see Ibakas foot planted in such a manner that he expects/is forcing Bats to the baseline. The step he takes is very quick however, but its not really quicker than in 2k12 holding LT and flicking the R-stick for a cut off gamble move. Perhaps this time the AI just 'guessed' correctly.

What do you think after seeing it a second or third time?

EDIT: i did want to expand on my RTP comment and why i expect to see some odd flubs here and there.
Simple really, the only RTP based sports game to get RTP right on its very first attempt was made by a company who built the game around a RTP engine(NaturalMotion's Euphoria engine on BackBreaker Football, shoutouts to the UK for that). Fifa 11 had hilarious videos, NBA Elite had embarassing videos, even NHL 11 or 12(whichever did it first) had some interesting reactions to hipchecks when it was first released.

But all of the aforementioned were patched quite well with the obvious exception. So im not really worried.

EDIT 2: just prior to 1:28 when lebron is sizing up, watch the off ball movement. Gorgeous!

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 08-21-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: retrospect is a Beach, and durant is actually ibaka
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Not really sure. Battier doesn't explode at all so he might be quite slow in the game wich is good. I still think durant's first side step is a little fast but it's definately not as wierd as I thought it was at first look.

Btw keep in mind it's not RTP in nba 2K13. Some gaming journalist have made the mistake of saying it was but it's been confirmed it's not.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Yeah I seen that too....hopefully just an early build glitch that wont be in the retail version
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

I know it's the camera it was recorded with, but Shane Battier looks like the alien that got awakened out of his sleeping chamber in Prometheus lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »