Home

Looks Like NBA Live 13 is a Downloadable Game

This is a discussion on Looks Like NBA Live 13 is a Downloadable Game within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Looks like NBA Live 13 is a downloadable game, according to this image

If they promise to keep supporting it with gameplay updates, I might consider dropping $5-$10 for what I saw today just to try it out lol.

Last edited by alexthegreat; 08-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
I feel its the only move they could make to corner any type of market(if any)

1. Sell the game base cheap on digital download
2. Downloadable content-- let the people decide how much they are really willing to spend on a game..Retro uniform packs,courts etc. Hell,they could even add a sounds and commentry add-on pack

Not a bad marketing strategy IMO
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

That screen doesn't have much pop to it. EA is usually pretty good about having slick looking menus and such, but that looks about as bare bones as it gets.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Free for Playstation +

But they really should do a free beta if they are really interested in trying to revive this series. It'll be a good way to give back to the community and gain their trust back.

I'll doubt they'll make a profit off of this anyways..

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-22-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 30
I fully believe this game will be a "cheap" DLC, only, but I think EA's angle may be to release this game at a low price point because it's just not worthy of $60, when 2K13 is beyond worthy of that price, so to not have to cancel AGAIN and then work their tails off to get what's in Live 13 to a worthy $60 price point (or more - next gen consoles) for Live 14.
I do wonder if this can back fire if it is their goal because 1 year may not be enough time to beef up the foundation of Live 13 to a worthy Live 14 and the consumer scarring could be tough to overcome.

I really wonder what happened between MW and EA after Live 10. If EA and their now proven not-so-wise idea of Elite 11 were the reason he ended up leaving and going back to 2K, I wonder how they feel now. Live 10 was such a great stepping stone for them. All they had to do was let MW continue to drive the vehicle and they would now be at the promise land and then some but what do I know. I wasn't there....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2

I really wonder what happened between MW and EA after Live 10. If EA and their now proven not-so-wise idea of Elite 11 were the reason he ended up leaving and going back to 2K, I wonder how they feel now. Live 10 was such a great stepping stone for them. All they had to do was let MW continue to drive the vehicle and they would now be at the promise land and then some but what do I know. I wasn't there....
When I first heard the news about MW, I knew something was up. Most guys wrote it off as nothing but I read the signs.

This qoute got my attention:

"After NBA Live 10 wrapped up and we started going through the pre-production planning phase for '11, we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after and came back on-board with the NBA 2K team last November."

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-22-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6
So I spoke to Katherine Coulthart, who is supposedly in charge of NBA Live at EA, and this is what she sent me.

"Cory-
Thanks for your interest in NBA LIVE 13. We have yet to officially announce the title and we have not released any details regarding the game. "

Maybe they're willing to scrap the game again then?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
I think based of the video we seen it needs to be worth around $10 that will be great marketing for them a much cheaper game like 2k used to do when there games were $20 if EA does that they need to start working on Live 14 RIGHT NOW give the fans some DLC update Live 13 roster this and that but move on from Live 13 and focus on next year its not a beat from long ago because they have the Nets new logo so ok EA you failed but this doesn't have to be the nail in the coffin take whatever positive feed back you get from Live this year and work on Live 14 right away get some new devs in there to i dont care if you gotta go get guys that worked on the older 2k games like 2k6 or 2k7 hell bring in some guys from Sony NBA 09 just do something stop waiting till the last minute

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »