Home

NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The Producer of NHL 13, Sean Ramjagsingh talks about presentation, gameplay, strategies and more.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
The intro is exactly the same, nothing has changed. I understand new lighting effects, but it's lacking.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
The intro is exactly the same, nothing has changed. I understand new lighting effects, but it's lacking.
Agreed. They've taken a major step forward in gameplay, but the presentation needs an overhaul.

This year the tagline has been "We've spent more time on our AI than in the last 3 years combined". Next year (IMO) it has to be "We've spent more time working on presentation/commentary than we have in the last 3 years combined".

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

one thing I dont understand, as I start to watch the video is how chara end up getting behind voracek deep into the zone even though rammer says chara has control over voracek as he has nowhere to go. wouldn't the best thing to do for chara to cut off voraceks path into the slot. As it is now chara does a big defensive mistake by follow voracek behind the net.

To me this doesnt look to good.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I didn't find myself saying "NHL 12 would be perfect if it weren't for presentation!"

And thank goodness for the cut scene business.

And yeah, Chara DID play good positional hockey until he decided to follow the back side of the puck carrier into the corner and didn't maintain his position on the inside.

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Been a long time Rangers fan but never played the series since NHL 94 on Sega, lol. Just downloaded the demo. For someone like me its awesome. Anyway, the controls all make sense but how the hell do you win a faceoff? The instructions just say "R," which I'm assuming is the right stick. I flick it around but can't seem to win a faceoff. Is there some technique??
Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Been a long time Rangers fan but never played the series since NHL 94 on Sega, lol. Just downloaded the demo. For someone like me its awesome. Anyway, the controls all make sense but how the hell do you win a faceoff? The instructions just say "R," which I'm assuming is the right stick. I flick it around but can't seem to win a faceoff. Is there some technique??
faceoffs are very hard in the demo. Seems everyone is having trouble winning them.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
one thing I dont understand, as I start to watch the video is how chara end up getting behind voracek deep into the zone even though rammer says chara has control over voracek as he has nowhere to go. wouldn't the best thing to do for chara to cut off voraceks path into the slot. As it is now chara does a big defensive mistake by follow voracek behind the net.

To me this doesnt look to good.
same thing for me...Sean said at the beginning about improve presentations...and after the introduction of 2 teams...i said whats new???? same introduction, players circulating the ice, goalie doing his thing. i guess the only new presentation is the lighting to the players on ice.

but i hate to say this is a small improvement..coz most of the players are still in generic faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Agreed. They've taken a major step forward in gameplay, but the presentation needs an overhaul.

This year the tagline has been "We've spent more time on our AI than in the last 3 years combined". Next year (IMO) it has to be "We've spent more time working on presentation/commentary than we have in the last 3 years combined".
you beat me to it but at least they did SOMETHING about the gameplay, based on the demo so good so far. but let see if this will translate to the final product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
i agree.

Last edited by canucksss; 08-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »