Home

NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

Ok I can understand not going full out on presentation this year, but for God's sake change the on screen graphics. Seeing the same scoreboard as 12 makes me SMH. I played 12 a lot. I don't want to see the same scoreboard in 13.

I see the puck hitting the net and bouncing out still doesn't count as a goal. If the puck doesn't hit the post it has to be a goal. Did anyone notice Rammer's awkward silence after that one?

Still like the game, but there's just some things that have been problematic with the game the last few years that haven't been fixed. Board play is one of my biggest gripes.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

"We didn't want to put all these controls on multiple different buttons, we wanted to make it extremely accessible to everybody, so players are doing the right thing when you expect them to do it, and you don't need crazy button combinations"

There's a subtle little potshot at 2k if I've ever heard one.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
"We didn't want to put all these controls on multiple different buttons, we wanted to make it extremely accessible to everybody, so players are doing the right thing when you expect them to do it, and you don't need crazy button combinations"

There's a subtle little potshot at 2k if I've ever heard one.
you're reaching big time..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hmm, rammer needs to diversify his game. He puck hogs it up the boards every time. It's ok to pass it to the center once in a while!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Agreed. They've taken a major step forward in gameplay, but the presentation needs an overhaul.

This year the tagline has been "We've spent more time on our AI than in the last 3 years combined". Next year (IMO) it has to be "We've spent more time working on presentation/commentary than we have in the last 3 years combined".
Well said, Gopher.

Yep, the gameplay for '13' has taken a very nice jump. And I do really like the RTP. Of course I'm sure we all want the gameplay to continue to be refined every year. But it is time now for '14' to have presentation be a major focus.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
you're reaching big time..
How so? Holding 2 shoulder buttons to do a slap shot, while trying to aim with an analog while the AI is buzzing all over the zone like a hive of angry bees was oh so intuitive.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
Hmm, rammer needs to diversify his game. He puck hogs it up the boards every time. It's ok to pass it to the center once in a while!
Because its so easy to enter the zone that way. No matter what defenseman you use, you can lug the puck into the zone untouched. I thought the new defensive strategies would make it tough but it doesn't look like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree. The same presentation and no major changes since 08! And for god's sake why is there still one referee on the ice?! Madden went through the same thing and now they have all the zebras, so why can't NHL? Even the 2K series had 2 refs and 2 linesmen. How about some shots from the rafters in between face offs and see the banners and the jumbotrons at work? That would be nice especially during a power play, oh I think the Face Off series from 989 sports had that. Wtf EA lets get presentation its due here because the game gets boriiiiiiiiing after a while

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »