Home

NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies & More within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
how about some presentation from outside the actual arenas at the beginning of the game. These guys are all about the little things in gameplay and now have used 6 development years to have have backwards skating and movable ****ing limbs on goalies! I want some excitement and maybe add some hockey night in Canada music with some NBC sports music too. Oh and I hope they have the home arenas goal horn? Because that would really suck. Again 2K had that also. Just make enjoyable simulation not some 6 year development on ice skating, seriously!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf199
I agree. The same presentation and no major changes since 08! And for god's sake why is there still one referee on the ice?! Madden went through the same thing and now they have all the zebras, so why can't NHL? Even the 2K series had 2 refs and 2 linesmen. How about some shots from the rafters in between face offs and see the banners and the jumbotrons at work? That would be nice especially during a power play, oh I think the Face Off series from 989 sports had that. Wtf EA lets get presentation its due here because the game gets boriiiiiiiiing after a while
Do you want 60 FPS or 30 from 3 additional refs being on the ice and in the way to collide into all the time complete with AI driving them bogging down the game?

I realize people are tired of Thorne and Clement, but I'd rather a full script that's been built up with new situational commentary for replays and actual tv style cuts which we finally have, then scrapping it all and starting over.

What they added this year is subtle, I agree, but I think it offers a better over all presentation package when you think of all the other areas of the game that needed more attention and resources.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Do you want 60 FPS or 30 from 3 additional refs being on the ice and in the way to collide into all the time complete with AI driving them bogging down the game?

I realize people are tired of Thorne and Clement, but I'd rather a full script that's been built up with new situational commentary for replays and actual tv style cuts which we finally have, then scrapping it all and starting over.

What they added this year is subtle, I agree, but I think it offers a better over all presentation package when you think of all the other areas of the game that needed more attention and resources.
if 2K can do it and so can Madden yes, why not. Their montra is "if its in the game, its in the game"
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
Rookie

I say make it work. Look at MLB The Show and all its moving parts with crowds and moving spectators, etc. It can be done.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
faceoffs are very hard in the demo. Seems everyone is having trouble winning them.
Ah ok thanks for the head up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Video - Sean Ramjagsingh Talks About Presentation, Gameplay, Strategies &

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Ah ok thanks for the head up!
Faceoff difficulty is maxed in the settings.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
made it 2:25 seconds in and decided I'm really judgmental when it's not my game. Just going to wait for the full product but this feels pretty good for a whole new physics model.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf199
how about some presentation from outside the actual arenas at the beginning of the game. These guys are all about the little things in gameplay and now have used 6 development years to have have backwards skating and movable ****ing limbs on goalies! I want some excitement and maybe add some hockey night in Canada music with some NBC sports music too. Oh and I hope they have the home arenas goal horn? Because that would really suck. Again 2K had that also. Just make enjoyable simulation not some 6 year development on ice skating, seriously!
Talk about an over-simplification. A completely new skating engine =/= simply "backwards skating"

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »