Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

The review doesn't mention any of the bugs being reported...most notably the depth chart bug in CCM or the DB play-action bug or CPU AI at end of games not going for the tie/win...hopefully that means these things were ironed out for the retail release even though they were in the season pass release?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 08-27-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15
I dont, agree completely, it's the best and most bugged Madden at the moment. As an example the late game AI completely kills the game as it is now. And patches can't do miracles.......
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
I dont, agree completely, it's the best and most bugged Madden at the moment. As an example the late game AI completely kills the game as it is now. And patches can't do miracles.......
No, but they can fix a late game AI situation. Remember guys this is just year one of Cam's 3 year plan, this is only the beginning and is the foundation for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 49

Wow Dustin Toms must be a die hard long Madden fan. I agree the games improved, but this guy left out all the negatives, and there are a lot! I could sit here and name them all, but there all over OS. I have to wonder if this guy even cares about a complete, polished product. Also if he reads through the threads here.

I think it's kind a sad really that Madden 12, a game that should have been rated a 6 review score at best, can become a 8.5 on OS a year later by becoming playable and just average/good at best. I thought OS had a hard grading scale?

Anyway, these sites have to do what they have to do. I'm a little shocked I guess, just because I thought OS was past all this nonsense. I guess last years game was so bad it couldn't even be covered up by reviewers(although it still managed decent scores).

Another year of watching Madden scores right behind 2k basketball and MLB the show. That is just the most ridiculous and insulting thing IMO. Not so much to fans of the series, we shouldn't really care about opinions, but IMO it is a kick in the face of the devs of those two other amazing games.

When you reviewers review Madden, I just want to say that when the following year comes around, and EA makes fun of their own game, telling us how bad the previous year was and bragging about the new game, that it really makes these reviews look silly. Oh well, what ever.

I'm getting the game if they patch the zoom camera in CCM, but I still have eyes to see what this game is and isn't. A 7.5 (good) at best on a hard grading(I thought) OS scale. Its the best overall NFL football game ever, but compared to what exactly? It must be nice to only need to compare your game to your own game the year before.

I like the game. I'm not trying to bash it. It isn't junk. IMO a 7.5 is a good thing for Madden. It is the best madden this generation. Since when is 7.5 bad? Many 7.5 games have been some of my favorites. A 8.5 is insane if you look at this game for what it is and isn't, and not on how much you enjoy it. Forza 4, NBA 2k, MLB the show, and other legendary games like that are lucky to get better then that score on OS

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
No, but they can fix a late game AI situation. Remember guys this is just year one of Cam's 3 year plan, this is only the beginning and is the foundation for the future.
Come on man, don't even try to bring up that 3 year plan stuff again. That line has ran it's course. Just either bring it or don't EA. Don't even mention 3 year plans anymore EA, just show us you got what it takes every year.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Ultimately for me it's about the fun factor, and after playing about 6 CCM games, I'm having tons of fun. The game is just fun to play. I definitely agree with the learning curve though. I have struggled in my 6 games. I've lost 2 games already because I can't seem to get my offense going yet. I also seem to give up a lot of big plays on defense. Sure the game has it's "legacy" issues, but you can't deny the fact that it's at least fun to play.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I essentially just posted this in the RateSports review thread but it applies here too.

I think this was a very well done review however, I disagree with your score. I don't understand a 8.5 out of 10 overall rating unless "10" is meant to be the best Madden to date, opposed to the best NFL football video game to date.

On my 10 point scale, the latter would be the pinnacle and Madden 13 doesn't seem that close. Considering how games like The Show and NBA2k are using real time presentation, that alone makes the presentation in M13, seem archaic and drives the overall down.

If I had to give an overall score using my 1-10 scale, at this point I would say M13 is a 7 at best due to graphics driving up the average. I don't see how it could get a rating much higher considering the issues with player movement, blocking representation including OL/DL, unpolished network broadcast presentation which is not being synced well as a compliment to commentary, AI( which I think includes penalites and challenge logic), player ratings and a lack of User customization options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Ultimately for me it's about the fun factor, and after playing about 6 CCM games, I'm having tons of fun. The game is just fun to play. I definitely agree with the learning curve though. I have struggled in my 6 games. I've lost 2 games already because I can't seem to get my offense going yet. I also seem to give up a lot of big plays on defense. Sure the game has it's "legacy" issues, but you can't deny the fact that it's at least fun to play.
So CCM has great replay value. Story lines keep up with each game or is it just generated repetitive feeds?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »