Home

Madden NFL 13 Opening Trailer

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Opening Trailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Opening Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhempel
I don't necessarily have a problem with Ray Lewis, but there's something about this intro that really bugs me.

WHO IN THE WORLD THOUGHT RAY LEWIS WAS "too small, not big enough, not fast enough, and didn't have what it takes"?

Usually guys who fit that criteria are not All-Americans in high school. They don't get scholarships to schools like Miami and earn Freshmen All-American honors, followed by 1st Team All-American recognition in their remaining years of college. They also don't get drafted in the first round by an NFL team.

That's just beyond stupid and irked me the first time I fired up the game.
He was not always that big. No matter who you are, how good you are, you WILL always hear critics saying you are not good enough.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Rookie

dpmx21's Arena

OVR: 5
Best Madden intro ever.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhempel
I don't necessarily have a problem with Ray Lewis, but there's something about this intro that really bugs me.

WHO IN THE WORLD THOUGHT RAY LEWIS WAS "too small, not big enough, not fast enough, and didn't have what it takes"?

Usually guys who fit that criteria are not All-Americans in high school. They don't get scholarships to schools like Miami and earn Freshmen All-American honors, followed by 1st Team All-American recognition in their remaining years of college. They also don't get drafted in the first round by an NFL team.

That's just beyond stupid and irked me the first time I fired up the game.
Three GMs passed on him at LB because they said he was too small and would never play in a 3-4. So at least three executives for NFL teams thought that. They weren't saying he wasnt too small to play the game just that he would never be one of the better players. Some of the same things were about Luke Kuechly this year, not in any way shape or form comparing him to Ray Lewis but pointing out that some GMs said he was the best linebacker in recent history in the draft and some said he was too small and slow to even play in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
people save your money...MADDEN IS TERRIBLE..I wasted 65 dollars on a game i only played for 20 min cuz i was dissapointed.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
I had to send this message on my iPhone because Ray Lewis pumped me up so much i threw my computer out the window.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Pretty good, i still think this years MLB the Show has the best intro i've seen. It sets up the last day of the regular season last year, where Boston was ahead of Tampa Bay and St. Louis was trailing Atlanta. Then it shows you the highlights jumping from game to game the way it was playing out. Watching the craziness that was the last day of the regular season and how Tampa Bay came back from such a huge deficit to the Yankees and tie the game, then cut to Baltimore as they get the winning run, then the stage is set for the walk off home run.

It was well done and is exciting to watch every time.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
I freAking loved it! And the gameplay is awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

EA did a great job with the intro this year. Still haven't skipped passed it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »