Home

Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

Overall this game is a much better product than what I've grown accustomed to getting from EA so I think the increase in sales are justified. However there are a ton of holes in Madden that makes it still incomplete. This is a great start but still much more is needed. I like CCM or rather the potential of it, but as of now it's far too restrictive/limiting to be fully enjoyed IMO.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Toys R Us charging $44.99 probably helped even though mine has not even shipped yet. :-(
Old 08-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Initial sales have always jump in Madden since 2010, so this is nothing new. The real story will be around Christmas. The initial sales have jumped then fallen around the holidays, and the past 3 years global sales have declined. NCAA is a prime example of this.
Yep. Wasn't there a jump last year - yet they went on to have one of the worst years in long time. According to vgchartz, they barely scratched over 5 million units sell through. That's the lowest in at least 8 years. Let's wait and see. Announcements like this are used to spur more sales. Nintendo is the king of that bs...
Old 08-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Its social media and marketing. Sportscenter has on a different legend on their show everyday promoting the game, they talk about it on every one of their 500 shows and have people like Colin Cowherd, who has probably never picked up a video game controller in his life, talk about how real and amazing the game is.

They marketed this game harder than last year's game i feel and it's payed off. With Facebook and Twitter you get professional athletes like Lebron James tweeting about playing the game and then you got kids who then think they can get a game against him online so they want the game even more.

Is the game better than last year? Yes. Do i still feel the game is a disappointment? Completely. And not just because i was disappointed with the infinity engine and the wonky tackles but the fact that they took so much user control out of the game. I always enjoyed playing as many games with as many teams during a franchise. In NBA 2k i control every team, same with MLB the Show. I don't play every game and most of the time i just play one team's games, but i like the option of being able to play as different teams. Same with NCAA Football. And then add to that editing, we can't edit players. It's disappointing to have that control taken away after you've grown so accustomed to it for all these years and enjoyed it. It's not a terrible game, it's just not a game i see myself playing for too long especially with WWE 13, NBA 2k13 & Call of Duty Black Ops 2 all coming out in the next fews months. Madden is no longer a game i NEED to have and care about spending time playing.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 22

Not surprising to me...Madden 13 is the best football game this generation, period. All the haters around here that try and bash the game go eat a bit of crow and NOT enjoy anyone NFL football videogame while the rest of us can and will have a blast with Madden 13.

How you like them apples?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Not surprising to me...Madden 13 is the best football game this generation, period. All the haters around here that try and bash the game go eat a bit of crow and NOT enjoy anyone NFL football videogame while the rest of us can and will have a blast with Madden 13.

How you like them apples?
I think we all can agree with you 100%. Madden 13 is easily the best NFL football game on this generation of consoles. It has beat out games such as Madden 12, Madden 11, Madden 10, Madden 9, Madden 8, Madden 7, & even Madden 6!!!

Congrats EA on being just a tiny little bit better every year. You have outdone yourselves. You have earned our applause

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-30-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think we all can agree with you 100%. Madden 13 is easily the best NFL football game on this generation of consoles. It has beat out games such as Madden 12, Madden 11, Madden 10, Madden 9, Madden 8, Madden 7, & even Madden 6!!!

Congrats EA on being just a tiny little bit better every year. You have outdone yourselves. You have earned our applause
"Madden 13 is the best football game this generation, period. Uhhhh ya because we have many other options besides madden each year right???
Old 08-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 0
After reading this thread and a few others i now know what blind hate is...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »