Home

Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Sales Are Off to a Hot Start

Good to read, very happy for the Madden team. This will be the platform from which they build from for future versions of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Its social media and marketing. Sportscenter has on a different legend on their show everyday promoting the game, they talk about it on every one of their 500 shows and have people like Colin Cowherd, who has probably never picked up a video game controller in his life, talk about how real and amazing the game is.

They marketed this game harder than last year's game i feel and it's payed off. With Facebook and Twitter you get professional athletes like Lebron James tweeting about playing the game and then you got kids who then think they can get a game against him online so they want the game even more.

Is the game better than last year? Yes. Do i still feel the game is a disappointment? Completely. And not just because i was disappointed with the infinity engine and the wonky tackles but the fact that they took so much user control out of the game. I always enjoyed playing as many games with as many teams during a franchise. In NBA 2k i control every team, same with MLB the Show. I don't play every game and most of the time i just play one team's games, but i like the option of being able to play as different teams. Same with NCAA Football. And then add to that editing, we can't edit players. It's disappointing to have that control taken away after you've grown so accustomed to it for all these years and enjoyed it. It's not a terrible game, it's just not a game i see myself playing for too long especially with WWE 13, NBA 2k13 & Call of Duty Black Ops 2 all coming out in the next fews months. Madden is no longer a game i NEED to have and care about spending time playing.
This is sad....so they sold alot because they used ads? Cant be because its a good game...nba2k,cod.....use the same thing so they sell alot because of ads to right? Right....Just sad people...this is a crying shame.....:banghead::thumbdown:running out of excuses people...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm not surprised really. People been asking for physics in Madden for YEARS and now Madden finally got it, of course a hell of a lot people going to buy the game to try it out. Plus it don't hurt that the graphics look really good too. And this is the 1st time in many years that I don't have to mute the commentary in a Madden game.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think we all can agree with you 100%. Madden 13 is easily the best NFL football game on this generation of consoles. It has beat out games such as Madden 12, Madden 11, Madden 10, Madden 9, Madden 8, Madden 7, & even Madden 6!!!

Congrats EA on being just a tiny little bit better every year. You have outdone yourselves. You have earned our applause
13 is a tiny bit better?

All I need to measure this is our 17 yr old son. Last year, turned on Madden 12, and didn't even complete a game. Threw the controller down and said this is garbage.

Fast forward to yesterday and he is still knee deep today in offline franchise mode, non-stop.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keator
^ actually i think it proves that the majority of people dont care about Fantasy draft, or editing rosters. To sim gamers like us, its a huge deal, but to the casual fan that madden is targetting, they are happy and content with just playing as their favorite teams or players
I'm confused. How does fantasy draft = sim players?
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #30
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

I saw a stat on Joystiq that made me laugh hard... EA was bragging that their first day online players was up 28% from last year... Ummmm... Duh!

Seeing as they pretty much made it impossible to enjoy without being online no **** more people where online... I do wonder how that got so many people online that first day though seeing as their servers where constantly down.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
13 is a tiny bit better?

All I need to measure this is our 17 yr old son. Last year, turned on Madden 12, and didn't even complete a game. Threw the controller down and said this is garbage.

Fast forward to yesterday and he is still knee deep today in offline franchise mode, non-stop.
Well, it plays a bit better on the field. I can't say it's much better because the only real difference is the infinity engine(which right now feels fresh, but still a mixed bag IMO), ball hawk(a nice option), pass traject(not perfect, but better then nothing), and read & react(sadly now the defense moves on the ball, but the wr just stands there) gameplay wise.

That may sound like a lot, but not really in the scheme of things I want. Those running animations kill the game for me. It's what you see the most of all. Players still skating around. Hard to swallow it. Also, I can't take this bird cam any longer. If I can't get a custom cam then I just want a default camera like Maden 10 & 11 and before it. Madden 12 & 13 have ant cams. It kills all the new visuals until the cutscenes IMO. I like the zoom cam, but it is just too low this year. It has it's moments, but it needs to be raised and angled like Madden 10-11. I realize a lot of features are subjective. Sadly, they still missing a lot of my big ones. O-line is a big one also. I won't even go into CCM and the loss of some of my favorite features that went missing in year 8 of this generation.

If it sounds like I am crying guys, sorry but I been wanting these features to return since 2005. That is a hard one to swallow, we are in 2013 and these are still not back in. I do want EA to hear my voice, I think it is important.

I'd give Madden 12 a 6.5, and Madden 13 a 7(too many bugs right now, maybe 7.5-8 later depending on what they patch).

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Well, it plays a bit better on the field. I can't say it's much better because the only real difference is the infinity engine(which right now feels fresh, but still a mixed bag IMO), ball hawk(a nice option), pass traject(not perfect, but better then nothing), and read & react(sadly now the defense moves on the ball, but the wr just stands there) gameplay wise.

That may sound like a lot, but not really in the scheme of things I want. Those running animations kill the game for me. It's what you see the most of all. Players still skating around. Hard to swallow it. Also, I can't take this bird cam any longer. If I can't get a custom cam then I just want a default camera like Maden 10 & 11 and before it. Madden 12 & 13 have ant cams. It kills all the new visuals until the cutscenes IMO. I like the zoom cam, but it is just too low this year. It has it's moments, but it needs to be raised and angled like Madden 10-11. I realize a lot of features are subjective. Sadly, they still missing a lot of my big ones. O-line is a big one also. I won't even go into CCM and the loss of some of my favorite features that went missing in year 8 of this generation.

If it sounds like I am crying guys, sorry but I been wanting these features to return since 2005. That is a hard one to swallow, we are in 2013 and these are still not back in. I do want EA to hear my voice, I think it is important.

I'd give Madden 12 a 6.5, and Madden 13 a 7(too many bugs right now, maybe 7.5-8 later depending on what they patch).
Understood, I agree with the Madden 12 score, but I'd put 13 on a 7.5 to 8 score, higher with fixes. I've heard late game AI is fixed on the CCM online side.

I just can't justify with all the improvements, especially with the Infinity Engine just a half-point bump between 12 and 13, and I want EA to hear everyone's voice, it is important.

Respect your opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »