Home

NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer and Blog

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA Sports has also posted a detailed NHL 13 Ultimate Team blog.

Quote:
For the first time in HUT history you can create a fantasy team without the restrictions of career lengths or a salary cap. You can tap into a pool of over 4,000 players from across the NHL, AHL, CHL, Elitserien, SM Liiga, DEL, Czech Extraliga, and SNL.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Hockey Ultimate Team Trailer

No salary cap or career limits? Way to suck some of the strategic fun out of a great mode. What a waste.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Triton
No salary cap or career limits? Way to suck some of the strategic fun out of a great mode. What a waste.
Yeah it is a shame but we do have Gm connected. Two things I would like to change is making it harder to get great players and take away or only play people who don't buy packs with real money.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybaker
Yeah it is a shame but we do have Gm connected. Two things I would like to change is making it harder to get great players and take away or only play people who don't buy packs with real money.
Ya, that's one thing that at times gets annoying, is the people who actually pay all this money, just so they can have a good win-loss record on a video game.

Though most of the times, it seems like the people selling cards, are just ones who play a few games per day, and get thousands of pucks each day(just from playing)

They should have a limit, like you can only put up a max of 30 cards per day(cause some people just put up 30 cards on the block, leave it for an hour, then an hour later, get all their pucks from the cards they sold, and continue to sell cards over and over again)

That was one thing that made me not as interested in HUT was how you had to be almost completely dedicated to it, in order to be successful
Old 08-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Rookie

This was my favorite mode each of the past 2 years, but i'd get annoyed by the teams that were obviously stacked from buying packs.

The mobile app is a kinda nice addition if it works smoothly, i could see myself playing with that at work.

I was hoping this mode would get more challenging, but no cap, no career limit, a line optimizer, and you can still buy packs? They completely dumb downed and neutered this mode. I'll probably be going back to online vs unless i love gm connected.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Ya, that's one thing that at times gets annoying, is the people who actually pay all this money, just so they can have a good win-loss record on a video game.

Though most of the times, it seems like the people selling cards, are just ones who play a few games per day, and get thousands of pucks each day(just from playing)

They should have a limit, like you can only put up a max of 30 cards per day(cause some people just put up 30 cards on the block, leave it for an hour, then an hour later, get all their pucks from the cards they sold, and continue to sell cards over and over again)

That was one thing that made me not as interested in HUT was how you had to be almost completely dedicated to it, in order to be successful
Completly agree,

The AH so a joke, it just gets flodded and really makes the trade opition well useless unless you know the person. I think the people who don't buy packs should get a 2nd AH or something to combat this spamming, and maybe a tourny or two to help us cheap users .

Otherwise I don't mind the no cap and game limti as long as it is hard to get great cards by buying packs.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Don't judge. I buy packs and I have terrible win loss record. It is fun collecting cards/packs. The additions this year make it easier for those to build a team without paying cause before you almost had to pay to stay in mid-upper 90's but now players won't retire so it will help those who complain about the people who buy their team...
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't see a problem with removing the Salary Cap and Career limits. The reason why FIFA's Ultimate Team is so popular is because off this. I played HUT for maybe 24 hours total while with FIFA 12's FUT, I spent days in that mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »