Home

NBA 2K13 Features Sit-Downs with the GM to Discuss Roster Changes, Minutes and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features Sit-Downs with the GM to Discuss Roster Changes, Minutes and More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
Rookie

AgaliareptX's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: GM Sitdowns in MyCareer

Copying my thoughts from another site I posted this on:

While I like this one quite a bit, I'm a little hesitant. This is the caption to the photo:

Quote:
New to NBA 2K13 MyCAREER- GM sit-downs! At any point, Ronnie2K can meet with his GM to give him suggestions on the roster, discuss minutes, demand, request or rescind a trade request and more. After discussing the direction of the franchise in his second season, Ronnie demanded a trade! Let's see what happens. Like this?
The only thing I question is that it basically just seems like the same options you're already given in My Player except a little fancier looking with a new background screen of you actually going to the GM's office. Hoping the "and more" options are something new.

What I REALLY like about this though is that it gives it a more immersive/RPG kind of feeling where you're actually a player instead of just going through menu after menu to do actions like these. Reminds me of the Maddens back in like '06 when your "main menu" was actually an apartment and you could "go around town" to like your agents office and do stuff like when you wanted to change your outfit/look you clicked on the mirror instead of going to an "edit player" menu or something.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
where is this my player info? am i missing something. Can't find anything new on it.
There's only two screenshots released from MyPlayer (My Career) thus far. This is the second one.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaliareptX
Copying my thoughts from another site I posted this on:

While I like this one quite a bit, I'm a little hesitant. This is the caption to the photo:

The only thing I question is that it basically just seems like the same options you're already given in My Player except a little fancier looking with a new background screen of you actually going to the GM's office. Hoping the "and more" options are something new.

What I REALLY like about this though is that it gives it a more immersive/RPG kind of feeling where you're actually a player instead of just going through menu after menu to do actions like these. Reminds me of the Maddens back in like '06 when your "main menu" was actually an apartment and you could "go around town" to like your agents office and do stuff like when you wanted to change your outfit/look you clicked on the mirror instead of going to an "edit player" menu or something.
The RPG elements revealed make me think it will be similar to the crib in NFL 2k5 (I think?). They revamped the whole game and it appears to have a lot of off the court elements, which is nice!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
I wonder if it's possible to be violent with the GM. Like if I wanna be a cocky, emotional, Ron Artest like player. I wonder if I can use Kinect to say "F--- You and your team, I demand to be Traded!!!". I mean, I wonder if I can set emotion to my Player, although this isn't GTA.... Be actually cool to say stuff using Kinect after seeing that trailer...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Also another thing, in his tweet Ronnie2k mentioned he had to ask for a trade in his 2nd season. So... what does that mean for rookie contracts? They are 2 years + Team option correct? NBA2k12 didn't pay attention to that and you could ask for a trade after 5 games. I guess 2k13 doesn't follow that rule either? That might answer my question I had previously about budgets and salaries.
Rookie contracts, at least the lottery picks, are 2 years + 2 year team options. I'm guessing you can ask to be traded at any time though, as any player in the NBA can request/demand a trade at any point in their career, be it 6 years in or 6 days, it doesn't matter. When the player is traded, his contract is simply transfered to the new team (including the team or player option).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't front this is great news. I asked for this on the 2k13 wish list especially since I wanted a return to the RPG element in ESPN 2k5.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
Rookie

k1lo5's Arena

OVR: 2

Madness.

looks like we will def have more behind the scene control this year. might be worthy of the name change to 'my career'

PSN - ITR_K1LO5
Twitter - @nba2kluc
Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
I wonder if it's possible to be violent with the GM. Like if I wanna be a cocky, emotional, Ron Artest like player. I wonder if I can use Kinect to say "F--- You and your team, I demand to be Traded!!!". I mean, I wonder if I can set emotion to my Player, although this isn't GTA.... Be actually cool to say stuff using Kinect after seeing that trailer...
ROFL.

Also, sweet. I like the idea of telling David Kahn he should draft more point guards, telling Mark Cuban he is a ****** and that he should give me some Avion, telling Jordan his team sucks and telling that rich Russian prick to give me more money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »