Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

FIFA 13 Gameplay - Barcelona vs. PSG

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

FIFA 13 Gameplay - Manchester City vs. Manchester United

FIFA 13 Gameplay - FC Bayern München vs. Chelsea

FIFA 13 Skill Games

FIFA 13 Goals

For more videos throughout the day, click here.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4
So arcadish and unrealistic
Old 09-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
So arcadish and unrealistic
I cant believe how bad this looks. Still ping pong football, backwards and forwards. There is no build-up or change in pace. PES is playing so good this year, yet as much as I want to like Fifa, this just looks exactly the same as lasts years.

Side note; The top two videos have THE most annoying voiceovers I have ever heard. How about you slow down and talk like a normal person .........
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Yikes smh that last vid was bad. No build up on the goals, just one constint pace
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This may be the most arcadey looking FIFA i've seen for a while, the User V User vids are awful in the sense that it is just head down and run to the opposition goal as fast as you can while showing off as many tricks as you can. Surely it should be more difficult than it looks here to just steam through other teams midfields.

However what concerns me most is video three where it looks as though Chelsea are being controlled by the CPU and they are almost as bad as the User vids where Chelsea are rarely passing the ball backwards or even sideways. Almost every pass is forward and as a result they often make ridiculous passes that cause them to lose possession.

FIFA has never been sim but this looks as far away from sim as you can get right now. The speed of the games look awful, the style of football on display looks awful and i'm concerned that tweaking sliders and team styles will not make much of a difference when playing offline.

Just my opinion but FIFA seems to be heading in the wrong direction right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4
Nothing surprising to me, it's regular EA sport's style for making sport "simulation" games.
As a true fans of authentic sport games, we must pray for 2K and Konami each and every day, they are our only saviors.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Wouldn't these videos look the same even in FIFA 12?

EA Sports is never going to release a video promoting the simulation, slow as snails, realistic gameplay. That's not to say FIFA 13 is even capable of proper simulation settings, but if it is, EA isn't going to promote that.

They'll always generate the bulk of their sales from kiddies and their dribbling/sprinting/volleying/uberPWn style of play.

Let's all hope there's a lot more to this game than we're seeing in the videos, but from my perspective, these are the sort of videos we see every. single. year.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

A few notes:

1. All three of these games are playing on Normal aka. Blazing Fast speed.

2. The first video showcases two clown human players trying to use every skill move in the game and sprinting the entire time. It's incredibly discouraging if you think that FIFA 13 will *have* to play that way, but I doubt that's the case. It's almost as if it's on Methamphetamine Mode or something, but it looks awful.

3. The ManU / City video is mostly highlights edited together (like Match of the Day) but it's a 1000 times more controlled and promising than the first video.

4. The most depressing thing I'm seeing is that EA Sports have once again made "Skill" moves too much of a part of the game. Yet, that's a decision made by the individual and since I play mostly against AI in Career Mode, I choose not to bother with that stuff. Hopefully, the CPU won't abuse skill moves. It didn't in FIFA 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »