Home

FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #17
Banned

artmind's Arena

OVR: 4
We must be thankfull for Konami, they give us realism! I buy PES2013 this year, I want support them. Thanks God we don't have such problems with license like in Madden. It would be nightmare if we have only Fifa.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 13 Gameplay Videos and More

The Chelsea video didn't look as bad but there are still so many things that have plagued the FIFA series for years that look like they haven't been addressed:

Still looks like defenders (especially the CPU) aren't closing down around the box. This allows way too many shots from outside the box.

Goal kicks still end up being won by defenders who are WAY too high up the pitch. This leads to a header from your CB which falls at the feet of your striker who in turn starts the counter. Where is the midfield?

Lobbed/Chipped passes seem to be too overpowered. They almost always seem to be in stride, the perfect height, and fall to the feet of the attacker. In real life these are one of the most difficult passes to complete.

Not many fouls, especially when the ball is in the air.

The CPU seems very "twitchy". There are times where they should be holding up play but instead their doing spins and unnecessary turns. Agility issues aside if, it would look better visually if they just put a foot on the ball and looked around for options.

Positives:

Pace was MUCH better. It wasn't a fast break like the other user vs user matches.

Good to see the CPU use skill moves that made sense (both contextually and by the right people). Hazard looked dangerous on the ball and used skills to create space.

First touch looked like it really impacts the game and I noticed that the good players (Ribery, Nasri, Hazard, etc...) were more dangerous because their first touch was better. Also, first touches in space looked better compared to in traffic with defenders around (which it should).

Hopefully we'll see more videos this week. I fear that the demo is so close to release-date that any glaring bugs won't be addressed until the first patch which usually comes late for FIFA>
Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I really didn't expect this though. With PES 2013 demo(s) being out as long as they have - I would have expected to see something that would COMPETE within the venues of realistic gameplay. What's sad is yes the demographic will still be achieved in those kids who want to button mash and boast their skill dribbling moves; but this is so not good by the looks of it.

I have NEVER understood EA's mentality in their sports games. Why not AIM for a specific SIMULATION representation of the game we see on TV. Make it look like that - and execute it. What's nice about this approach is that you kill 2 birds with one stone; ie the simulation players and the arcade gamers. The arcade gamers don't care because they just want to play with Messi - while the sim gamers enjoy a beautifully represented version of the greatest game on earth?

Stop showing off useless features that equate to only arcade gameplay, and do it for the fans of the beautiful game - this is straight up disrespectful at this point.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #20
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

In that Man U - City match there is a Balotelli goal that is just pure FIFA. Lobbed through ball, Mario takes it on the volley and buries it from outside the box with his left with power and placement.

The amount of skill that it would take to do that is unreal with his dominant leg, let alone his left.

Also, way too many 1 v 1's with the keeper.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
PES on PC all the way this year. Not even close for me. Preordered it for $36.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #22

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

AI defensive intelligence and tactics (if you can call it that) still seems to be stuck in the dark ages. Meanwhile, attacking intelligence and on-the-ball attacker movement/responsiveness is ridiculously overpowered and 'roided up. And now with precision dribbling being incorporated even further, defenses don't stand a chance. And I thought it was easy enough to hold LT, change directions and then sprint by people before ... now it'll be even easier.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmind
Nothing surprising to me, it's regular EA sport's style for making sport "simulation" games.
As a true fans of authentic sport games, we must pray for 2K and Konami each and every day, they are our only saviors.
Quote:
We must be thankfull for Konami, they give us realism! I buy PES2013 this year, I want support them. Thanks God we don't have such problems with license like in Madden. It would be nightmare if we have only Fifa.
Enough with these kind of posts in here, please. If you see something specific you don't like or feel is not up to par, by all means, make your point. However, we're not going to have FIFA v PES crap in either game forum. Take the generalizations and rhetoric to some other site if that's how you choose to discuss games.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
Banned

Bugle789's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
So arcadish and unrealistic
i didnt think so why do you think

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »