Home

NHL 13 Season Ticket Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Season Ticket Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Was all this with the patch or without?
No patch out yet. The is a tuner available, but I did not download it.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #18

Majingir's Arena

Re: NHL 13 Early Release Impressions (Season Ticket goes live at 6pm ET)

I played 10 min period, and adjusted the things I said I would(such as shot/hit power and stuff like that)

Sens:
1 goal
23 shots
9 hits
65% passing
1/2 on PP
8 faceoffs won

Leafs: (me)
4 goals(1 empty net)
23 shots
5 hits
53% passing
0 powerplays!
18 faceoffs won

Faceoff thing is surprising, since the demo was only 1 tick higher than what I'm playing on now, and in the demo, I could win maybe 10% of faceoffs
Still not many penalties! Don't know how EA isn't fixing this.
Home win music is STILL broken

They DIDN'T update the banners at the top of the arenas. They talk about updating the "power rings" and scoreboards, but I went to a game in the Canes arena(cause I noticed it in NHL12) and Thrashers banner is STILL there(NHL13 and it's still there). No Jets banner!

Last edited by Majingir; 09-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Game 2, same settings but with true broadcast cam:

- Same deal with penalties, one per team.

- Loving the puck physics! Maybe not perfect, but it's great to see it flip and flutter when it should. Lots of good bounces all around.

- I'm convinced that this camera with "always up" controls is the way to go this year. I don't know if it's just because it's a different view than what I'm used to in this game or what, but it just feels like it affects the way I play so much that it opens up a lot of different animations and in game situations. I could be crazy, I just feel like I'm noticing a lot more of the improvements when playing this way.

- One thing I loved, I had a D man in the box and when his penalty expired he jumped out of the box and made a bee line for the bench, in full on hustle mode and everything. This is great, no more random d man trying to play wing until a line change or stoppage in play.

Now, graphically speaking I have to say that I think I did notice a little bit of blur happening on the players in my Ice cam game. I was NOT seeing this in the demo as some others were, but I noticed it here. In my game with the true broadcast cam the problem seemed like it was solved. I don't know if it perhaps has something to do with the previously mentioned motion blur/fog combined with the distance of the camera from ice level or what, just a quick observation from my first two games.

EDIT: Just to add to that last paragraph: another reason I feel like the blur might have something to do with the camera distance is because replays and the real time cutscenes both look sharp regardless of camera. Also when in Ice cam, everything that isn't moving seems to be at normal sharpness.

Last edited by adayinthelife; 09-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Random visual stuff:

- New lighting is awesome.

- It's small, but visors looks great. I think this in turn makes a lot of the player faces of those guys who wear them look even better/more realistic.

- The more pronounced snow spray is great, and I really love the way it gets on the boards and glass. It's really nest to see it on the goalies as well when it works.

- Both the replay selection and angles throughout the game are excellent and much improved.

- Same goes for the in between period stuff, big big improvement here which gives the illusion of perhaps a more revamped presentation package than actually exists.

- Net cam is still a little jaggy/pixelated as it was in the demo, but it's still really great. Is a treat when they show a goal using it, but it's also neat when the net gets knocked off. So far I've been going into instant replay and watching every goal in it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Just got a game in with early release. I just wanted to first say that the "action tracker" in the in-game menu is really cool. I sat and watched it after my game, and the camera angles it gave on the replays were sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

How long did it take to download? for Xbox
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99
How long did it take to download? for Xbox
It depends on the download speed of your internet. speedtest.net to check yours
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
It depends on the download speed of your internet. speedtest.net to check yours
2.68.... after about 15 minutes it's at 10% percent...

Will it get quicker after like the 50% mark?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »