Home

Madden NFL 13 Rosters For CCM Arrive Friday

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Rosters For CCM Arrive Friday within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Careers Rosters will be out Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I think they want to have the ratings updated before they release it. Thats my guess. I can imagine the posts on here screaming "OH MY GOSH THEY DIDN'T CHANGE RGIII's RATINGS TO WHAT THEY should BE" and so on and so forth. Sometimes the disappointment of putting something off is actually better then the anger of what happens people view as being wrong. The only exception to that is the release date. People get really mad about release dates being pushed back, particularly in any sports game. Thats unfortunate, because I believe M13 should have been pushed back imo, but its not possible in a sports game shown by NBA live.
RGiii has pretty good rating already , To my surprise hes got more consitancy traits than Cam does and his a rookie...Nice Job , great Effort.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I think they want to have the ratings updated before they release it. Thats my guess. I can imagine the posts on here screaming "OH MY GOSH THEY DIDN'T CHANGE RGIII's RATINGS TO WHAT THEY should BE" and so on and so forth. Sometimes the disappointment of putting something off is actually better then the anger of what happens people view as being wrong. The only exception to that is the release date. People get really mad about release dates being pushed back, particularly in any sports game. Thats unfortunate, because I believe M13 should have been pushed back imo, but its not possible in a sports game shown by NBA live.
I understand what you are saying and I will not be as mad if the roster on Friday includes week 1 updates but I am not sure that is the case. Besides, at this point in sports gaming, rosters should be an easy process. They should have released CCM rosters when they did play/now rosters weekly like they have been doing for the past 4 years or whatever.

CCM is severely handicapped and I won't to enjoy it but C'MON MAN!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Whoever is running the show is downright laughable. First, lets restrict all player editing whatsoever. Ok, fine, we knew that. Then, lets release a roster update a week after the holiday weekend that most people would have liked to try and play. But lets not mention this can't be used for CCM until after its out. Oh, and you have to wait another week to start your CCM, but we'll wait until Tuesday to tell you. After the EA twitter account said, "should be available today." Friday, by any definition, does not constitute early next week. The lack of communication between EA and the consumer is atrocious. Many of us would have been well into a CCM if custom rosters because as we have seen with other titles, users get out updates a lot faster than the company. Instead, we are left with an incomplete product...again.

I'm not trying to bash the game, I do enjoy it even with its flaws. But as a company, if you kill any customization, you need to be damn well sure that the people you have working on these can hit deadlines. The negativity around the game this year stems from frustration due to the lack of transparency between company and consumer. Seems as if there is no accountability within EA for getting things fixed.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Well it may be more difficult because this roster update has to update contracts and things too. It's not just a port of all the ratings.
Oh you mean there actually updating the new contracts? also they just port .
Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm still curious how they intend to do roster updates for this mode at all. There almost has to be a second starting point option (after the preseason, in other words) because at this point cuts have already been made. Cut days are built into the game as a necessary part of the preseason, so I don't see how they could start you at the beginning of the preseason with an opening day roster.

I'm sure they've planned for that, but it's something I'll be curious about until the day the roster drops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
I understand what you are saying and I will not be as mad if the roster on Friday includes week 1 updates but I am not sure that is the case. Besides, at this point in sports gaming, rosters should be an easy process. They should have released CCM rosters when they did play/now rosters weekly like they have been doing for the past 4 years or whatever.

CCM is severely handicapped and I won't to enjoy it but C'MON MAN!!!
I know what you are saying, I'll just give the benefit of the doubt til we see the rosters. Its unfortunate. Rosters were an easy process in the old code. This is not that game, and apparently they haven't gotten it to be easy on this code yet for CCM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

So I would assume that because they are delaying the rosters until Friday, all of the players are getting their correct equipment changes. Many will be getting their correct faces in the game. As well as portraits for those players who have silhouettes. I can also assume that they will change many ratings as well. I will lastly assume that players names will be called by Simms and Jim more as well. Instead of the QB. The HB. The wide receiver.

Or am I just simply a jack.*** for assuming such non-sense?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimbeer
So I would assume that because they are delaying the rosters until Friday, all of the players are getting their correct equipment changes. Many will be getting their correct faces in the game. As well as portraits for those players who have silhouettes. I can also assume that they will change many ratings as well. I will lastly assume that players names will be called by Simms and Jim more as well. Instead of the QB. The HB. The wide receiver.

Or am I just simply a jack.*** for assuming such non-sense?
Some of that will likely be true, alot will not be true. Player portraits in some cases haven't updated in years, so the chances of all getting portraits are slim. Correct faces? Not a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »