Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Rookie

Ashton313Kusher's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Week 2 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
So will it be this update or the Week 1 update that will be released for CCM?
I also would like to know this
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
A seven point swing for Kevin Ogletree, eh?

Rating swings are nothing new, so nothing to get up in arms about. I just can't help but feel that they're wasting (or wasted) the potential of the confidence & consistency system.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to boost Ogletree's confidence, thus allowing him to play better than his previous 67 OVR? Is Ogletree really that much better of a player in a week? Or did he benefit from coverage rolling Dez's way + Witten lining up on Ogletree's side to open up more space Ogletree to make plays?
Ogletree's release rating and route run ratings were completely off (almost 20 points).
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Might want to update this before people go crazy! Reports are that these will be CCM AND Play now roster update.
Yeah I just updated it. It's for CCM online, but not sure about CCM offline yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
A seven point swing for Kevin Ogletree, eh?

Rating swings are nothing new, so nothing to get up in arms about. I just can't help but feel that they're wasting (or wasted) the potential of the confidence & consistency system.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to boost Ogletree's confidence, thus allowing him to play better than his previous 67 OVR? Is Ogletree really that much better of a player in a week? Or did he benefit from coverage rolling Dez's way + Witten lining up on Ogletree's side to open up more space Ogletree to make plays?
Agreed, but I think there are two main reasons for the swing. One being that the casual gamer just wants to see a ratings boost in response to a big week and would throw a fit if only his confidence or consistency were improved. The second, and I think bigger reason, for the swing being 7 points is that Ogletree plays for the Cowboys. I could be wrong but I don't remember a guy like say, Stevie Johnson for the Bills, getting a 7 point boost for when he was killing it.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2

Hmm..

So these week 2 rosters are for Play now, and CCM online.... not CCM offline?

So the only rosters available for CCM offline is the week 1 53 man rosters which will release tomorrow, but will release along with the week 2 rosters previously mentioned?
WIZ
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Anyone surprised about anything? I thought Ogletree was pretty low at 67 so I sent in that 7 point increase, his release was horrendously low (in 50's) when in real life he's excellent at beating press coverage. I requested it be boosted to 79 which is fine for now, however, I think Ogletree may be the best WR off the line at getting out of a jam.

My surprises:

- Brandon Weeden only dropping a point

- Tracy Porter jumping up and astounding three points, it's amazing what an interception in crunch time will do for you

- Andrew Luck not losing a point. He looked like a rookie, and this is the guy that everyone said was more prepped for the NFL than Peyton. I know, I know it's only Week 2, but still. The overthrows to Wayne really had me leaning towards decrease.
I didn't think Tannehill deserved a ratings drop. Based just on his stat line, sure, but if they actually watched the game he didn't look that bad. Two of his pics were on batted balls by JJ Watt and another was on a pretty good play by Johnathan Joseph (however he spells it) who was a Pro Bowler I believe. He looked better than I expected as far as confidence in the pocket and awareness, just got a couple unlucky breaks. Plus, he was only a 74 ovr, not like he did anything to drop from that low of a rating I didnt think (would be another case if he was rated high 70s, low 80s)
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Might want to update this before people go crazy! Reports are that these will be CCM AND Play now roster update.
These better be the rosters for CCM because it wouldnt make any sense at all to release week 2 rosters and finally allow CCM users to use final 53 man rosters. That would be a middle finger to the CCM users.

But either way, I will be able to start my CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Is McNabb still over rated and therefore likely to be signed by CLE / SEA / MIN every time you start a multi year CCM?

Why are there these major ratings changes for a roster that is supposed to "hold up" over multi year CCM?

In that context, what happened "Week One 2012" shouldn't have that much of an effect...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Obviously, this is of concern only because we can no longer fix this stuff ourselves, so I'm hoping that EA acknowledges the concerns of the multi year CCM, with regard to rosters / ratings...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »