Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2

Maybe they delayed it so CCM can also use the same roster update, because so many people were up in arms about it. If so, it was worth the wait!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/stat...74615901577216

Tomorrow's Wk 2 roster update is for Online & Play Now only. The Connected Careers update will be out tomorrow & is for final 53 man rosters
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #19
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Ogletree's release rating and route run ratings were completely off (almost 20 points).
Meh. Fans of the Cowboys and the media members that cover the team were sour on Ogletree for a reason. He's shown nothing in the previous three years that would suggest his release ratings and route running ratings were completely off -- let alone after 1 week. This coming from an obvious Cowboys fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Agreed, but I think there are two main reasons for the swing. One being that the casual gamer just wants to see a ratings boost in response to a big week and would throw a fit if only his confidence or consistency were improved.
You're absolutely right, and I certainly understand that part of it. I just think it sets a bad precedent. What if Ogletree strings together 2 more weeks of stellar performances? He could very well find himself hovering around a 80 at that point. Then let's say he hits the plateau, and starts coming back to earth. All of a sudden he's back into 68-73 range b/c that's what he's shown to be the last few years. Now he has a huge swing back the opposite direction.

I just think that confidence & consistency would better represent the swings in performance rather than manipulating the ratings to reflect one great performance.

But again, you're right in that the average fan wants to see some moving and shaking in accordance to performance. I just don't think it's the most realistic approach.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Tomorrow's Wk 2 roster update is for Online & Play Now only. The Connected Careers update will be out tomorrow & is for final 53 man rosters
This seems to indicate that the CCM rosters will always be a week or two behind. Wonder why that is.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

It is not a big deal, but what was the point of waiting a week to allow to CCM users to use final preseason rosters. Especially when the current rosters will be released on the same day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, cant even play CCM with the 53 man rosters until week 2! and its not even with the newest rosters! LOL

Please, NFL drop this exclusivity deal. EA is hardly improving every year.

Have you all seen the player career in NBA 2k13, makes Madden look like a sega game... Oh well, at least the physics are nice.
WIZ
Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Meh. Fans of the Cowboys and the media members that cover the team were sour on Ogletree for a reason. He's shown nothing in the previous three years that would suggest his release ratings and route running ratings were completely off -- let alone after 1 week. This coming from an obvious Cowboys fan.

You're absolutely right, and I certainly understand that part of it. I just think it sets a bad precedent. What if Ogletree strings together 2 more weeks of stellar performances? He could very well find himself hovering around a 80 at that point. Then let's say he hits the plateau, and starts coming back to earth. All of a sudden he's back into 68-73 range b/c that's what he's shown to be the last few years. Now he has a huge swing back the opposite direction.

I just think that confidence & consistency would better represent the swings in performance rather than manipulating the ratings to reflect one great performance.

But again, you're right in that the average fan wants to see some moving and shaking in accordance to performance. I just don't think it's the most realistic approach.
I respectfully disagree when it comes to Ogletree's increase. Ogletree in real life has progressed significantly (through camp and preseason). He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.

Ogletree is also a better route runner than Dez is. Here's the increase I requested for Tree which equates to a 74 OVR.

Kevin Ogletree:
Route Running from 65 to 77 (one of the best route runners on the team)
Release from 51 to 79 (is excellent at beating press off the line, repeatedly beat Giants corners off the LOS many times on slants)
Catch from 75 to 78

The 77 Route running makes him a slightly better route runner than Dez

The 79 Release will allow him to win off the LOS once in awhile

So no, no homerism here

Matter of fact here's my entire list that includes a significant downgrade of Felix Jones. Heck I didn't even request Tony to get boosted.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j8ul5k

I understand what you're saying about traits and I tried to reflect that with Tony by raising his consistency rather than ratings, but last year just about every other team other than Dallas wasn't touched when it came to traits because I was the only one sending them in for my team.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 09-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »