Home

NBA Live 13 Screenshots - Captured From First Look Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 13 Screenshots - Captured From First Look Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 13 Screenshots - Captured From First Look Trailer

I want to see some professional animators and modelers in this thread commenting on the graphics.

The lighting and texturing however is undeniably well done.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Great screenshots guys. Well done.

The graphics look great. The body types and faces are spot on, and I like the sweat effect. Looks very promising. Chris Paul looks a little weird, and his biceps are huge, but other than that, looks very good.
I completely agree. By far the best basketball graphics I've seen on this current generation. Looks truly stunning. Can't wait to hear some new information hopefully soon.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #19
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
While I disagree that these are the best graphics in a basketball generation this generation, they do have a couple things that are slightly better than 2K.
Their colors are a little more bold, some of the faces look better, they sweat.. though it looks more like plastic, but at least they tried. Some of the accessories are better (BTW, why can't 2K get a freaking elbow band? Didn't Jordan wear one like ALL the time? And he's their main attraction...), Live has high def shoes, and their jerseys do fit better.

That's about it for positives of Live 13...
Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
I completely agree. By far the best basketball graphics I've seen on this current generation. Looks truly stunning. Can't wait to hear some new information hopefully soon.
Sure the faces look pretty good but these arent the greatest this gen.....The body types are all wrong and while the jerseys might be tight to the body, it still looks completely off since the players move and look like they are gumby characters...

Some things are nice but others just make me shake my head....vigorously..
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
The facical animations and skin graphics look pretty good to me but the jerseys just look off. I don't know if it's the color or if it's the texture but they just don't look as realistic as the players. To me the graphics being better than 2k is debatable. IMO ea games always look great up close but I'm curious how it looks from a gameplay camera. Also animations add a lot to the graphics. 2k graphics don't bother me because the animations are usually great making the players look more lifelike, while live looks pretty damn good in the screenshot but in the video the players are moving stiff and robotic which takes away from the realism.

After seeing the trailer and the screenshots ea might be better off either holding of to next year or just waiting to next generation to release live that way they can perfect the graphics then complement them with some great gameplay. Graphics alone aren't going to be enough for this game even if it is at a 20 price point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Aside from all the Live bashing, I saw some positives...

Pros:
-Lighting looks pretty amazing.
-Crowd atmosphere looks great.
-Some faces they nailed, others look pretty bad.
-Looks like Live 13 has got accessories pretty down

Cons:
-Some player models look terrible (too buff...arms look too short)
-Looks like the rim animation doesn't move at all...and the dunking sounds sound like two trash can lids banging together ... Live 04' (great game by the way)
-Gameplay still looks like Elite 11'...

Overall looks like a def. no buy, just because it looks like Elite with better graphics. But will def look at the demo and hopefully prove me wrong...

I'm by no means a "2k fanboy" or "Live fanboy" just loving the NBA and really hoping for something good out of EA... It was such a blessing to have 2 NBA games back in 04-06...
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I swore I've seen Jameer before on the E train dancing for some change.

Not Gator?! ROTF! good Nite!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Graphics look pretty good....except Chris Paul spent too much time working on his arms lol And there are some oddities with player body parts. I like the faces and the jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »